Question for Trump Haters

Tpoppa

1 hour ago, Qman said:

Obummer gave preferential treatment to one race over another.  Pretty much defines "racism".

Then I defy you to find a single person in the world that isn't racist based on this

• Sad 1

Illegal immigration is really an easy problem to solve.We have just been vilifying the wrong people.We need to confiscate the property and lock up the people that hire the illegal immigrants...No Loopholes! These are the American citizens that knowingly hire and exploit these people for their own financial gain while breaking American laws and avoiding paying taxes.Before someone even says it...I throw the b.s. card on the idea that they don't know that they're illegal.

The border wall is a hugh waste of money,you have to take the carrot away,if you don't take the carrot away they will still get here one way or another.Stop blaming the immigrants...it's the greed of the wealthy that causes this problem.Same as slavery and the problems it created and we are still dealing with today.

10 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Then I defy you to find a single person in the world that isn't racist based on this

The word racist has become so overused and misused in recent years.  It's beginning to lose impact in a "boy who cried wolf" kind of way.  

Race baiting, and falsely accusing someone of being racist is every bit as bad as actually being racist.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The DNC under Obama always blamed the GOP for everything, so really nothing has changed........expect the DNC is literally stonewalling and refusing to do their jobs, unlike which we the people have never seen the likes of. I am betting that some BIG heads in the DNC, "possible GOP", FBI, CIA, Killary, Barry Sotero Obama, and those under Barry.......are going to be rolling soon. The deep state corruption and cover ups "will surface", justice must be served and sentences must be carried out, or WE the natives will likely become quite restless.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, drc32-0 said:

Illegal immigration is really an easy problem to solve.We have just been vilifying the wrong people.We need to confiscate the property and lock up the people that hire the illegal immigrants...No Loopholes! These are the American citizens that knowingly hire and exploit these people for their own financial gain while breaking American laws and avoiding paying taxes.Before someone even says it...I throw the b.s. card on the idea that they don't know that they're illegal.

The border wall is a hugh waste of money,you have to take the carrot away,if you don't take the carrot away they will still get here one way or another.Stop blaming the immigrants...it's the greed of the wealthy that causes this problem.Same as slavery and the problems it created and we are still dealing with today.

Agreed,, but You didnt mention the other carrots dangling for illegals:  free healthcare, education, food, housing, ....etc.   Take away all that and theyll be running south faster than they came in!  If you dont want birdshit on your porch, quit feeding them birdseed!

Edited by Qman

16 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

The word racist has become so overused and misused in recent years.  It's beginning to lose impact in a "boy who cried wolf" kind of way.  

Race baiting, and falsely accusing someone of being racist is every bit as bad as actually being racist.

that is exactly my point

Wow, you should open this thread to a college level political science or sociology class. Many of the base theories they study are flowing through here. I'll leave the base question of racism to others to debate. Individuals on opposite ends of any power spectrum will agree on very little because their perspectives are very different. The topic is Trump. As a pretty avid student of history he is not unique. Trump falls right in line with the long line of world personalities that appeal to the fears of the populace and stoke those same fears to move them in the direction they wish. Looking at the studies that are already being released concerning the past election Trump ran a campaign based upon the picture that America was dying in flames. Crime was stated as being rampant in our cities. Citizens were said to be unemployed from coast to coast. Immigrants were claimed to be raping and murdering at will. Businesses were claimed to be closing their doors left and right to leave for the greener pastures of foreign nations due to taxes. On and on this went. Trump ran a campaign based solely on the notion that there was nothing positive going on in this nation. Looking at recorded factual data this seems to be blatantly false. Please feel free to check me on these facts.

At the end of the Obama presidency the nation gained 2.2 million jobs in the previous 12 months. Job gains had been realized for the previous 75 months - longest streak on records. When President Obama took office the country had lost 4.4 million jobs in the previous 12 months. The unemployment rate was 7.8% when President Obama took office and hit a peak of 10% his first year. At his departure the rate was 4.7%. The historical average is 5.6%. 

Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the nation was crashing when President Obama took office and continued so his first year. In his subsequent 7 years in office GDP rose every year with a high of 2.6% in 2015. Desired GDP growth by the markets is 4% not seen since 1999 but from where we came from markets were very happy as evidenced by corporate profits during the period which reached record levels in 2014 at 1.73 Trillion. Note this figure and year as we'll get back to it. 

The sector that was key in causing the economic crash of 2007 has recovered quite well under recent years. Housing prices have rebounded to the point that market analysts are warning of another bubble in prices in some areas. This is the area that is the most visible indicator of the steam in the economy currently to most Americans. 

Trump took office with stock prices at near historic highs, after an eight-year run-up.Under Obama, stock prices set record after record. All three stock indexes set records on a single day, Aug. 15, 2016. The S&P 500 had gained 166 percent, the Dow Jones had gained 131 percent and the NASDAQ had gained 260 percent.

During the campaign, Trump kept repeating the false statement that the murder rate was the “highest it’s been in 45 years.” In fact, even with murders rising, Americans were less likely to be murdered in any of the past eight years than at any time since the 1960s. In 2008, the rate was 5.4 per 100,000, and it has not been that high since. Americans were 23 percent less likely to be a victim of burglary, auto theft or other property crimes than they were in 2008. And the number of property crimes edged down further by 0.6 percent in the first six months of last year.

Trump is a master manipulator. He has shown this in his business dealings where by no measure could he be considered successful. Most of his holding end in bankruptcy or sold off at drastically reduced prices. This is attested to by his business peers, market analysts and others. Trump claims that America will be first and countries and business that don't embrace this will feel his wrath. Well he can start in the mirror. Not one product from any of Trump's numerous businesses is made in the U.S. From food to clothing to printed materials all of them are made and/or packaged on foreign soil. 

Trump has hijacked the U.S. political machine for purely personal gain through personal enrichment (tax cuts) and the power that he now his with multi-national corporate executives. Its no coincidence that he has placed millionaires and billionaires in every department lead position with no prior experience. Each is taking actions to eliminate all regulations and requirements for businesses to do anything except chase profit. The tax cut was stated that it would have a trickle down effect that would improve the life of the American worker. The full effect will take years to be judged but the first round of results doesn't look promising. Companies that Trump paraded before the American people as bringing jobs to the states because of him have eliminated or fired thousands of workers and relocated facilities and operations off shore. Comcast, AT&T, WalMart, Carrier all made big press release announcements following the tax cut passage about how many of their workers would receive bonuses because of it. Following the business news shows that all are laying off or firing thousands of workers, consolidating profits and increasing dividend payouts for their shareholders. This isn't how this was supposed to work. 

Getting back to that record 1.73 Trillion profit for corporations in 2014 ....up until the 1980's as productivity within the American economy rose workers wages rose almost in lockstep percentage wise. At that point there was a divergence. I'll leave it up to others to explain why, I have my beliefs. At that point productivity continued to rise but workers wages remained relatively flat to the point that from 1973 productivity measured by rise in GDP and profit indexes rose approximately 73% while worker wages only rose 12%. You will also note this is when we started to hear of the "golden parachutes" and the hugely inflated CEO salaries. As productivity rose corporations held workers wages flat while funneling more and more profits to shareholders and executives. How this relates to Trump is this - you're being fleeced and agreeing to it. The best scam is one where the target willingly goes along with it. 

Nothing in Trump's resume indicated that he had any skills, knowledge or abilities that would translate into an effective leader for this nation but he said what people wanted to hear. The majority demographic is shrinking percentage wise in this country and is estimated to switch the majority to the minority by 2050. That has the electorate testy as hell because they are seeing their values and images reflected less and less in their neighborhood, media, public policy and other places in society. When any entity feels that its survival is threatened it lashes out. Trumps tapped into that fear using lies painting the looming threat of immigrants over running the country. Thugs controlling the streets. Heathens threatening your religious rights. Then he painted himself as the only one willing to do the dirty work to put the "monsters" back in the box and "Make America Great Again". I always wondered at specifically what point in America's history was he referring to? Topic for another time. Trump got the electorate to vote against in own best interest. "I'm going to bring coal back." If there is anyone here that believed that would happen then you've wasted your time reading this. That wasn't even a possibility. The only individuals that believed that were the folks suffering the most from coal's decline due to a changing energy industry. They believed because that was the only thing they had to cling to. They had an excuse but what about the rest of the country. "Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it." Sounds good - implement it. Does anyone think that throwing 20 million Americans off of healthcare coverage will be beneficial to the country? 

The media assists Trump in his schemes by entertaining the notion that whether or not he is racist matters even in the least bit. Articulate why that matters? What does matter is that this tax cut is going to hit your pockets in about five years when Congress refuses to extend them because the deficit has exploded due to reduced receipts and the economic ratings agencies threaten to lower the U.S. credit rating. What does matter is the health of yourself and your family when food, product and environmental safety regulations have been stripped. How long has Flint, Michigan been without clean drinking water again? How long has Puerto Rico been without electrical power? They are Americans too aren't they? 

Trump knows exactly what he's doing and he knows that he doesn't have long to do it. It's no mystery as to why after eight years of Congress holding up appointments to federal courts there has been a flurry of appointments in the past year - and yes those are lifetime. I feel strongly about this because the people that can least afford it are the ones that will suffer the most and when the pain starts to hit those that believe that are above it they will lash out in the absolute wrong direction as to the cause of it. Misdirection, the oldest trick. The saying that is always true is that if you follow the money you will find the truth. There's many neat little applications online where you can map connections between corporations, rich and influential people that are pretty eye opening and allow you to see the news headlines in a new perspective. Most Americans don't have the patience or time to take in more than the 30 second soundbite which is what they are counting on. Its a master chess game and we are all pawns - expendable. 

My two cent advice to you is if you have any discretionary funds laying around dump them into a stock exchange traded mutual fund now and forget about it for 3-4 years. The markets are going to go on a short run this year with a correction sometime mid-year and then go on a record rise for two years. The dividing line will be those that are in the market and those that are not. Good luck.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/28/2018 at 12:57 AM, Tonyblaze said:

Not one product from any of Trump's numerous businesses is made in the U.S. From food to clothing to printed materials all of them are made and/or packaged on foreign soil. 

Each is taking actions to eliminate all regulations and requirements for businesses to do anything except chase profit.

I won't argue the accuracy of these statements, but do you understand how they are related?

A similar question would be how does tightening EPA regulations have the reverse affect of actually increasing environmental impact?

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 12:57 AM, Tonyblaze said:

How long has Puerto Rico been without electrical power? They are Americans too aren't they? 

I've seen this argued to death from both sides.  

Puerto Ricans do not pay Federal Income tax, but they do pay into Social Security and Medicare, and are eligible for some benefits.

Puerto Ricans cannot vote for President.

Puerto Rico has it's own Constitution

Puerto Ricans claim Puerto Rican and US citizenship.  Some also claim Spanish and European Union Citizenship.

The US Gov't and Puerto Rican Gov't both recognize Puerto Rican as a separate nationality (i.e. not American).

I tend to think that while Puerto Ricans have some American rights and benefits they are not full citizens.  They would not be full citizens unless Puerto Rico became the 51st state.  

• Like 2

Nobody's getting deported to Puerto Rico. Back to the original question.  Perhaps trump isn't technically a "racist"  because he avoids the slurs & such when speaking in public.  He's pretty skilled at walking the fine line.  His endorsement by the KKK & various neo Nazi groups speaks volumes though.  

32 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Nobody's getting deported to Puerto Rico. Back to the original question.  Perhaps trump isn't technically a "racist"  because he avoids the slurs & such when speaking in public.  He's pretty skilled at walking the fine line.  His endorsement by the KKK & various neo Nazi groups speaks volumes though.  

Please show proof of his "endorsement", all I have ever heard him say is that they too have the "same rights" of the 1st amendment as the other racist bigoted hate groups, they too have the right to protest/march/speak.........we don't have to agree with it or like it. There is a counter argument that Barry Sotero Obama endorsed the black panther party and the Muslim Brotherhood, so lets compare apples to apples eh? Google ALL the "very controversial" figures/people/leaders ole Barry had visit him at the Whitehouse during his tenure, it should very much concern you if it doesn't. Obama is the epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing, and what a wolf he was and still is.......but his time is coming. ;)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Perfect example. They just can't resist the oppritunity to sling shit where ever they go. 

Not that anybody really gives a shit but I voted for Trump. I hated Clinton #1 and sure didn't want to see Clinton #2 in office.  The meme just struck me as funny. 

46 minutes ago, Pokey said:

Please show proof of his "endorsement", all I have ever heard him say is that they too have the "same rights" of the 1st amendment as the other racist bigoted hate groups, they too have the right to protest/march/speak.........we don't have to agree with it or like it. There is a counter argument that Barry Sotero Obama endorsed the black panther party and the Muslim Brotherhood, so lets compare apples to apples eh? Google ALL the "very controversial" figures/people/leaders ole Barry had visit him at the Whitehouse during his tenure, it should very much concern you if it doesn't. Obama is the epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing, and what a wolf he was and still is.......but his time is coming. ;)

they say they endorse him not that he endorses them.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:14 PM, motocat12 said:

they say they endorse him not that he endorses them.

And that is totally fine, as they need to vote for somebody. I am sure that any non female, non biracial, or person of ethnicity beyond "Caucasian", would get their endorsement and vote. Trump is called a racist/bigot so much these days, it is hard to keep track of all the ludicrous reasons why.

• Beer 1