Buying: '08-11 CBR1k Race Fairings

what

I'm not a racer so have no first hand experience, but I know the general consensus is to stay away from the inexpensive (cheap?) Chinese body panels.  Thin plastic, poor fit and finish, and mis-located attachment points.  I'd suggest trying to talk to Brandon Schweitzer or Eric Monger at the AFJ Race Shop in Cincinnati.  They can certainly steer you in the right direction.  No idea if they have a source for race plastics--probably?--but they can get you good info on what to buy vs what to avoid.

http://www.afjraceshop.com/

Ideally I would get some from a part-out or something. Armourbodies, Hotbodies, Sharkskinz, all good options. I just want to ditch the annoying stock fairing design on the 08 CBR for something easy, preferably with dzus fasteners. I'd also prefer used since I'll be hacking up the front upper to accommodate the headlight and mirrors. 

A simple coolant change shouldn't have to include 15 minutes of work just to get the fairings out of the way and another 20 to re-attach. Thanks, Obama (and Honda).

Edited by what