2018 Winter offseason BS thread

Jester_

12 minutes ago, what said:

Maybe. The suspension settings will be all kinds of jacked up for me though even if I do get to my 260 target by spring. That said, I'm down 15lbs over the last 2.5 weeks so... goals?

Maybe, I've got 1.0's in the forks, and I'm not anywhere close to using all the travel. Thanks for the reminder, I need to look at that before I go out again.

@RonStopable @Jester_ Any ideas on how I can use more travel?

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Maybe, I've got 1.0's in the forks, and I'm not anywhere close to using all the travel. Thanks for the reminder, I need to look at that before I go out again.

@RonStopable @Jester_ Any ideas on how I can use more travel?

There is a lever on the right bar that looks just like the clutch lever.

SQUEEZE IT!

For real these things stop fairly well you just need to really squeeze that lever once to see what its like and adjust markers accordingly. 

Especially on a 1k you have to get direction at the slowest part of the corner and use that power to make time. 

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Intermediate with a chance of some Advanced riders getting the OK to come tow me around.:lol: I was aboard the struggle bus all last year switching to a newer literbike. 3 seconds off the pace I was running on the daytona at Mid-Ohio. Ron towed me to a 1:53 last year. Control rider said we were running consistent 1:50's when I got bumped to I the year before. I'll gain a good portion of that back when I sack up and hold it WFO through the kink.

Cool, we ought to have some fun this year.

4 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

There is a lever on the right bar that looks just like the clutch lever.

SQUEEZE IT!

For real these things stop fairly well you just need to really squeeze that lever once to see what its like and adjust markers accordingly. 

Especially on a 1k you have to get direction at the slowest part of the corner and use that power to make time. 

:lol:I swear I squeeze the lever harder coming to a stop at a stoplight on my sv. 1. Its  doing it at speed is what fucks with me. Gotta give her a good pull and like you said, adjust accordingly. 

2 places you meed to hit up this year is summit main and nc bike.

Nc bike to get your lean on, get some confidence and work on body position. 

I think there is alot to be learned from following a cr into t1 at summit and getting used to late braking.  Ron can work with you allll year

12 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

2 places you meed to hit up this year is summit main and nc bike.

Nc bike to get your lean on, get some confidence and work on body position. 

I think there is alot to be learned from following a cr into t1 at summit and getting used to late braking.  Ron can work with you allll year

Yes and Yes. I really enjoyed my time on those tracks, I was humpin around main pretty good when we went last. (As good as a person could be in their first full day in Intermediate.)

Is it too early to start planning trips? lol.

16 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Now that ya'll are in I. I look forward to some passing practice. :trollface:

Passing when I want to instead of waiting for the "perfect" moment is going to be my main focus this season. I need to follow people closer and give less safety buffer between my front wheel and their rear wheel. Improving drive out of corners and braking later are #2 priorities (but these are something I'll always be working on). Finding the person in front of me's weak spots, setting up the pass with that information and then executing it successfully is one of my favorite things in life.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Riiiiight... was doing 47-48s last time.  I'm assuming you mean getting passed practice?  I'll try not to buzz you too bad.

We were running a very similar pace. Will be a good time if we can all meet up a few times at some tracks this year. 

7 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Riiiiight... was doing 47-48s last time.  I'm assuming you mean getting passed practice?  I'll try not to buzz you too bad.

What lap timer did you have on your bike? We'll see what happens next year buddy, looking forward to having more people I know ride in the group I'm in!:bicycle:

I'll probably only see Mid-O once or twice next year (like the previous years), so you better be quicker than me there!

Edited by TimTheAzn

14 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

What lap timer did you have on your bike? We'll see what happens next year buddy, looking forward to having more people I know ride in the group I'm in!:bicycle:

I'll probably only see Mid-O once or twice next year (like the previous years), so you better be quicker than me there!

I only bought 2 Mid-O passes this year. I hope to run Summit/Pitt/NC if possible. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Zero shame. 

And it's racist to judge someone based on color so let me live my life! I self identify as yellow 

Every year I say im going to do a regional championship and always make an excuse. Last year we had a kid middle of june,  but I made it to vintage days the next weekend, thats the only sprint race I did. However we did most of the endurance stuff. 

This year a new to me bike, different way of riding and half the races are at grattan and I have never been there. I might do the last half of the season or something. 

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What lap timer did you have on your bike? 

John Corrigan followed me for a session, used his.  Have a few laps with those numbers on a friends stopwatch, too.  Also, I just count along in my head and that's what I was getting.  So poo on you bud!  Haha. Can't wait to get out there!

13 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

John Corrigan followed me for a session, used his.  Have a few laps with those numbers on a friends stopwatch, too.  Also, I just count along in my head and that's what I was getting.  So poo on you bud!  Haha. Can't wait to get out there!

@jacobhawkins and me passing a 1k in the keyhole!  Jacob was looking good!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

We'll put my timer on you next year for a session or two, like we did before. That way I can pretend I ran a 47 :banana:.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Jester_ said:

What are you running now john? You were in the 45s if I remember right?

That's about right.  On Q3's, no less.  Got some new Vesrah XX pads, so braking markers will be stretched (I hope).  Also work on better visual skills.  Trying to get low 40's.

36 minutes ago, what said:

Got Bob in keyhole. Nice.

He's not particularly fast but he is one of the smoothest riders out there. His lines are immaculate. 

Bob is a great guy to have on track (the guy on the hp4 right?) smooth and predictable. Doesn't give a shit what group hes in, hes having fun!

43 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

That's about right.  On Q3's, no less.  Got some new Vesrah XX pads, so braking markers will be stretched (I hope).  Also work on better visual skills.  Trying to get low 40's.

....and the chase is on! But lets not forget what took place September 24, 2016 :lol:

Edited by TimTheAzn

16 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Bob is a great guy to have on track (the guy on the hp4 right?) smooth and predictable. Doesn't give a shit what group hes in, hes having fun!

Yep, and bright green leathers. He's easy to spot.