Jump to content
Rodehard

Still got your first bike?

Recommended Posts

I still have my 1969 Z50, given to me in '75 for my 10th birthday.  Best present ever.  Post up your first bike pics if you can!

I was going to restore it, but the parts cost about $1500.  The poor thing is whipped, after I outgrew it my brother learned to ride on it, and seemingly every part needs replaced.

z50.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've still got my '87 ex500.  I've been slowly tearing it apart and plan to powder coat the frame and personalize the bike a bit. It's been put down quite a bit and it's pretty messed up, but fixable. 

I've had it since 2009 when I started riding. 

FB_IMG_1516072306827.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first bike, a '75 Honda CB750 unfortunately is rusting away in some junkyard in Eastern PA after I totalled it back in 1996.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, was a Buell blast, that thing was junk. Sold roughly 3 weeks after I got it. Made 700 bucks on the deal tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold my first bike a 1970s Honda CB350. Still have my 3 boys first bikes. 1979 JR50, 2001 CRF50 and a newer JR50. Hopefully some day they will pass them down to there kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have mine. 72 ts90. Still starts with 2 kicks.

20170901_174400.jpg

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine's long gone. First one I learned to ride on was a 72 Yamaha D200. My first bike I actually bought and rode was an 01 F4i. I'm sure it's long since been totaled by someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope that thing is long gone. Good riddance too, lots of close calls and dumb riding on that thing. #whoelsehadaliterasafirstbike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Nope that thing is long gone. Good riddance too, lots of close calls and dumb riding on that thing. #whoelsehadaliterasafirstbike?

Also had a liter bike as a first bike, also glad it's gone, but a late 1980s liter bike isn't the same as what they're cranking out now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trackbikez said:

Also had a liter bike as a first bike, also glad it's gone, but a late 1980s liter bike isn't the same as what they're cranking out now.

04 1000rr :dunno: I'd probably think it doesn't have any balls now but back then whew!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried like hell to find my first street bike, 01 F4i, but I figure its in a scrap yard or someone turned it into a stunt bike by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Nope that thing is long gone. Good riddance too, lots of close calls and dumb riding on that thing. #whoelsehadaliterasafirstbike?

It wasn't a liter, but I only had the F4i for 3 months before I traded it for a 929RR. I REALLY miss that bike....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thompsonian said:

It wasn't a liter, but I only had the F4i for 3 months before I traded it for a 929RR. I REALLY miss that bike....

I put down a LOT of my early riding on my friend's 2006 f4i. I learned a bunch on that bike. It was a nice ride! As fast as a 05 600rr I found out. Well, at least my when my buddy was riding the 600rr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Nope that thing is long gone. Good riddance too, lots of close calls and dumb riding on that thing. #whoelsehadaliterasafirstbike?

The first streetbike I actually owned was an old XS1100.  Definitely not a sport bike, but hey - its a liter+!  I rode and occasionally raced off road, and borrowed buddies street bikes until I was nearly 30.

I only had the XS11 for a summer, then bought a 4yr old ZX11.  Much better:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, Rodehard said:

I still have my 1969 Z50, given to me in '75 for my 10th birthday.  Best present ever.  Post up your first bike pics if you can!

I was going to restore it, but the parts cost about $1500.  The poor thing is whipped, after I outgrew it my brother learned to ride on it, and seemingly every part needs replaced.

z50.jpg

I had a z50 of the same color & probably the same year when I was a lad.  It was great fun.  I do remember getting the rear portion of the frame welded up on a regular basis due to the jumps & lack of rear suspension.  I had my heart set on something with a 5 HP Tecumseh engine on it at the time, but  I think my dad got the Z50 for me because it was only 2 HP. The 3 speed transmission was a big plus for  a rider in training though.  Pretty durable little bike.  Kudos for still having yours, 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jschaf said:

I had a z50 of the same color & probably the same year when I was a lad.  It was great fun.  I do remember getting the rear portion of the frame welded up on a regular basis due to the jumps & lack of rear suspension.  I had my heart set on something with a 5 HP Tecumseh engine on it at the time, but  I think my dad got the Z50 for me because it was only 2 HP. The 3 speed transmission was a big plus for  a rider in training though.  Pretty durable little bike.  Kudos for still having yours, 

Yes, I (we) had the same issues with the frame cracking - poor thing was broken and welded over and over.  In fact, the frame is still cracked in multiple places!

So many good memories with that little machine:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 7:45 PM, Rodehard said:

I still have my 1969 Z50, given to me in '75 for my 10th birthday.  Best present ever.  Post up your first bike pics if you can!

I was going to restore it, but the parts cost about $1500.  The poor thing is whipped, after I outgrew it my brother learned to ride on it, and seemingly every part needs replaced.

z50.jpg

That is so badass!   Same 1st bike I got when I was 7.   Would kill to still have it.  I would clean it up and put it on display.  I'd figure out a way to hang it on the wall or park it in the corner of the living room, duct taped seat and all!

Edited by max power
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×