Columbus GoKarts 1/28

what

@jacobhawkins and I are putting together a kart day on 1/28 if anyone is interested. We are planning on checking out the "super track" they run on Sundays at the gas karts on the east side town right off of 70. They have 2 tracks at this place right next to each other that are normally separate, except for Sunday when they link the two together to make a longer, more complex layout. It seemed fun. 

Current plan is:

• Meet at GPK Columbus at 2pm on Sunday, 1/28
  • I will be purchasing the 3-race package ($60), everyone else is free to do what they want
  • We should be done with karts by around 4PM. At this time we will head to the Columbus Brewing Company Restaurant for food and drinks - I will make reservations once we have a solid number of people planning to attend (the cost of all food/drink/kart tickets are each individual's responsibility)

Post up if you'd like to attend. Friends and family are welcome... they have mini-karts for little kids (toddler age). 

Currently we have 4 confirmed, and 1 maybe.

Edited by what
Time & Place
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, max power said:

What time are we doing this?

Will there be beer and wings afterwards?

There could be. I will update the main post with times and any other info as we decide. I don't spend a lot of time on that side of town so I don't know any restaurants over that way. 

1 hour ago, what said:

There could be. I will update the main post with times and any other info as we decide. I don't spend a lot of time on that side of town so I don't know any restaurants over that way. 

You'll want to drive a bit to get something to eat/drink. The karting place is kinda in the ghetto. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Casper said:

You'll want to drive a bit to get something to eat/drink. The karting place is kinda in the ghetto. 

Yeah it seemed that way. I'll see what's within a 5-10 minute drive. 

I think CBC is probably pretty close, right?

Edited by what

I've got a bunch of people interested in going but need to know times. Has anyone called to see if we can get a group rate?

Also if we're going to do beer and wings afterwards, we might want to start early since it's a Sunday and most of us have to work on Monday.  That said, I have no idea what their Sunday hours are but stoked to race on the big track! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, max power said:

I've got a bunch of people interested in going but need to know times. Has anyone called to see if we can get a group rate?

Also if we're going to do beer and wings afterwards, we might want to start early since it's a Sunday and most of us have to work on Monday.  That said, I have no idea what their Sunday hours are but stoked to race on the big track! 

Not sure we can get a group rate without knowing the # of people attending. They are open Noon-8pm on Sundays. I figure if we do the 3-race package we would be done in 2 hours or so. If we got there at 2pm we would be done by 4 or so, could get to CBC (or wherever) by 4:30 or 5 and then people are free to do whatever they want.

Do those times work for everybody? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

@snot @Helmutt I'm playing this Saturday, nine to midnight.  Have a blood donation scheduled Sunday morning for 6:30.  Come race with us! 

We'll play it by ear man.  Might make the brew n chew afterwards at least?  I play all metal shows bro, so we tend to get rowdy ( on stage, and at the bar ) so pending my condition Sunday, we may be in?  

6 hours ago, Helmutt said:

We'll play it by ear man.  Might make the brew n chew afterwards at least?  I play all metal shows bro, so we tend to get rowdy ( on stage, and at the bar ) so pending my condition Sunday, we may be in?  

Yeah man, just giving you a hard time.  :metal:

17 minutes ago, max power said:

I will be bringing a busload of bubbys up from the boonies and have several citiot's meeting is there

Just let me know how many to expect roughly. If we have enough we may be able to get 10% off gokart pricing. (20+ peeps)

I'll also need to know how many might hang around for beer & food at CBC so I can make a large-party reservation if need be. 

So since we're closing in on the 28th,  I'd like to get a fairly accurate number of folks planning on attending. In this thread I count 6. @max power, how many do you think will be joining you in the Bubbybus to Columbus? 

OR Peeps - 6 (8 if Snot/Hellmutt are not trashed from metal)

Bubbys - ?

+1's - ?