Bike Stand Recommendation?

JustinNck1

Ok, so now that I am going into the uncharted area of not having a center stand:lol:I want to get some bike stands. I really should have bought some earlier with the amount of tires I have been changing. So I figure Pit Bull is the gold standard of bike stands. They're not outrageous on their pricing, but I figured I would see if anyone recommends any alternatives.

I have three pitbulls, need to get a fourth for Izzy's front.  You won't regret it.  Woodcraft is the other comparable stand, don't have personal experience with them, but they look very nice.

Regarding lifting the front via lower triple or forks, I lift the Daytona from the lower triple but will probably get the fork lift for Izzy just to have another option.  Would work on both bikes anyway.  

• Upvote 1

I have pit bull's, but really only because pony had them in stock when I was there shopping for other stuff after buying the Duke.  No complaints, except my front stand lifts by the bottom of the fork - will need to get the other setup to lift from the lower triple clamp next year for fork service.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Pit Bull all the way. Quality is fantastic and puts my other stands to shame.

This. I used a Pit Bull and tried 2 other cheaper brands and always ended up using the pit bull and selling off the others

3 hours ago, Bad324 said:

This. I used a Pit Bull and tried 2 other cheaper brands and always ended up using the pit bull and selling off the others

I still have 2 no-name rear stands, a no-name front stand, and a vortex head stand for the track bike. But with all the use the track bike's rear stand gets, I decided to upgrade when a good deal came along. One did so I snatched it up. Up next are 2 TRS systems. ;)

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I still have 2 no-name rear stands, a no-name front stand, and a vortex head stand for the track bike. But with all the use the track bike's rear stand gets, I decided to upgrade when a good deal came along. One did so I snatched it up. Up next are 2 TRS systems. ;)

Absolutely love the TRS they have. I'll never go back to tie downs. Makes loading by myself super easy. 

3 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Absolutely love the TRS they have. I'll never go back to tie downs. Makes loading by myself super easy. 

I have a Baxley, makes strapping easy. BUT my life could be easier. I want to save that 5-7 min it takes to strap the bike down each time. Multiply that by however many track days, then multiply that number by 4 (strap to go to track, unstrap, then strap to go home and unstrap at home.) At least that's how I'm rationalizing it. :dunno::lol:

Which brings up another point, I'm a professional rationalist. If you need help rationalizing that purchase your wife and/or significant other initially said no to, I'm your man!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Pit Bull is the way to go, we have used their products for years and it holds up better than anything else. You should probably just buy them from me @JustinNck1. We love our TRS systems as well. Below is a setup of our Sprinter setup we made. 

pitbull_trs_sprinter_2.jpg

8 minutes ago, RidersDiscount said:

Pit Bull is the way to go, we have used their products for years and it holds up better than anything else. You should probably just buy them from me @JustinNck1. We love our TRS systems as well. Below is a setup of our Sprinter setup we made. 

PM Coming your way :lol:

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I have a Baxley, makes strapping easy. BUT my life could be easier. I want to save that 5-7 min it takes to strap the bike down each time. Multiply that by however many track days, then multiply that number by 4 (strap to go to track, unstrap, then strap to go home and unstrap at home.) At least that's how I'm rationalizing it. :dunno::lol:

Which brings up another point, I'm a professional rationalist. If you need help rationalizing that purchase your wife and/or significant other initially said no to, I'm your man!

It's not the time saved as much as the worry free transport. The bike isn't going anywhere. Straps come loose, break and bike falls. Bike is solid in the TRS. And you can fit more bikes in trailer on TRS than you can strapped 

16 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

When you get the pins with the setup you can throw it in the toy hauler with ease. I think im gonna buy non azn some pins just so I dont have to strap his bike in anymore and fit 3 bikes easy. 

Btw pitbull stands ftw. Second choice is the new woodcraft stands. 

20170922_185642.jpg

Edited by Jester_
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

When you get the pins with the setup you can throw it in the toy hauler with ease. I think im gonna buy non azn some pins just so I dont have to strap his bike in anymore and fit 3 bikes easy. 

Btw pitbull stands ftw. Second choice is the new woodcraft stands. 

20170922_185642.jpg

Just another reason why I need a TRS, so if I ever car-pool on long trips with you or @RonStopable or whoever, we can just lock-er in and go.

Edit: This view takes me back to warmer times when we rode motorcycles and used our expensive coolers. Thanks for the kick in the nuts this morning DAN!

Edited by TimTheAzn

• 2 weeks later...

everyone loves the pitbull stands and they look like they're built best of anything else but you never see them in wsbk, bsb, motogp etc.  who are those guys using?

I have a set from Handy industries when they made some back in the day.  and they were very sturdy.  they make industrial grade work tables etc.

Edited by serpentracer

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t know anything about bike stands I always on my bike from the garage ceiling or my cargo trailer   But the bike is in my living  room  right now  this is my first I got it from Summit racing it’s a bike master 73 bucks It Comes with adjustable stuff for the front and back 

BE4AD8B4-4C61-4F59-B229-F09C77A3A984.jpeg

I ended up getting the Vortex stands. I got a discount through work, so both stands were less than one Pit Bull stand. I was impressed with the quality and while looking around at IMS, I noticed bikes on display using the Vortex stands. Overall, I'm happy with them so far.

20180122_193125.thumb.jpg.2f59484c0945e58b8a65759dcf50d788.jpg