Greetings from Central Ohio

JR_ider

Just found this place from an online search. Looking forward to reading a lot of the threads here and getting to know y’all. I’ve been riding sport bikes and standards since 2000 and dirt bikes and quads prior.  

Looking forward to some warmer weather and spending some days behind days behind bars. 

7670A90C-7DA4-40D8-A904-28F87624B04D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Cool bike, welcome.  How does it compare to what you've had before?  How long have you had it?

Well at only 75hp the little Ducati isn’t near as robust as anything I have had prior. But, it has enough to have some fun and it isn’t very heavy. 

Honestly, the bike isn’t great at anything but is good enough is most respects. I liked the style so I picked it over the monster, which would have been “better” all around and for basically the same money. I’ve had it since April and enjoy it, at times though, I feel like I should have chosen the 821.

Edited by JR_ider

1 hour ago, JR_ider said:

Well at only 75hp the little Ducati isn’t near as robust as anything I have had prior. But, it has enough to have some fun and it isn’t very heavy. 

Honestly, the bike isn’t great at anything but is good enough is most respects. I liked the style so I picked it over the monster, which would have been “better” all around and for basically the same money. I’ve had it since April and enjoy it, at times though, I feel like I should have chosen the 821.

That was a concern, 75hp seems a little low.  Did you look at a Thruxton?  I'm curious how the body position would treat a person on a longer ride.  

I did, the base Thruxton is bit heavier and doesn’t offer the same level of suspension and tires. The Thruxton R was several thousand more than I wanted to spend. Seems the new Ducati Scrambler 1100 would be a ideal if it came with sportier tires, maybe a cafe racer 1100 in the future.

• Upvote 1