Ohio to NM/Arizona/Colorado Summer 2017

Pokey

Thought I would share an amazing ride report with pics which don't do these states or the adventure justice, so well written up with the humor and detail I always look forward to from the creator "Craig (Swingset) Gibson". This trip was truly an experience, and will be hard to top IMHO. We all want to go back of course, but next time with more appropriate "true" dual sport machines.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZQPJ3

Edited by Pokey

Great post!

I was in silverton about 20 years ago, it was one of the coolest places I’d been. The town was almost completely deserted, the streets were all dirt/mud and every building along the Main Street drag had a raised wooden porch just like in a western. The bar/saloon was all original too. 

Went back 6 or so years later and the streets were paved and the town was overrun by tourists on 4 wheelers and giant 4x4s.

The road out behind silverton that goes up to the old mines is really cool. Everything is stained red from the iron in the soil. Lots of old mining carts, tracks, tools and construction up that way too, just left to rot wherever it was the day the mine closed. 

• Beer 1

Nice report Brian. You road over many of my old stomping grounds when I lived in El Paso, TX. and Scottsdale, AZ.

As much as Craig likes Peggy sue pie's here in Ohio I can't believe you missed PieTown, AZ. on 60W out of 191 Springerville. This report brought back many memories for me. thanks.

• Like 1

Pie Town, NM ;)

My dad just bought an original 1870's horse drawn buggy in Pie Town to give people rides at their store in Cerillos (stop in and say hi next time you're in NM! Only about 30 miles outside of Santa-Fe, right next to Madrid). They went to the array while they were down there, said it was really cool.