2018 DR-Z400SM - The dark knight arises

Iron Pony

2018 Suzuki DR-Z400SM - Because commuting to work daily should be as fun as rippin' through the twisty's on the weekend. Come see this this dark knight today at Pony Powersports Columbus. 

Pony Powersports Columbus

5370 Westerville Road

Westerville, Ohio 43081

www.ponypowersports.com

2018-suzuki-dr-z400sm-buyers-guide-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Anything new about them this year?

:lol:

There hasn't been anything new about the DRZ, other than colors and graphics, since they introduced the SM model in 2005.

Still love my DRZ but it is a 1999 design. Ofcourse that means parts and accessories are very easy to find.

If they had FI on this bike, I would have one right now.  A few years ago, I had the 400S, and I loved it.  I also don't intend to get another carbed bike. 

On another note: Pony Powersports in Mansfield sells KTM's that have FI.  They also have way more power. 

1 hour ago, Connie14 said:

If they had FI on this bike, I would have one right now.  A few years ago, I had the 400S, and I loved it.  I also don't intend to get another carbed bike. 

On another note: Pony Powersports in Mansfield sells KTM's that have FI.  They also have way more power. 

They also cost way more and except the 690 are much heavier on maintenance. 

If you ride regularly there is nothing wrong with a well sorted carb (stock is pretty lean). 

I do drool over KTMs and Huskys, but my skill level doesn't justify the extra purchase, maintenance and repair costs.

4 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

They also cost way more and except the 690 are much heavier on maintenance. 

If you ride regularly there is nothing wrong with a well sorted carb (stock is pretty lean). 

I do drool over KTMs and Huskys, but my skill level doesn't justify the extra purchase, maintenance and repair costs.

I recently picked up the exc-f 350, and I absolutely love it.  It starts way better in the cold than a carbed bike, and the throttle response is great.  You are correct on the price.  It was not cheap.

1 minute ago, Connie14 said:

I recently picked up the exc-f 350, and I absolutely love it.  It starts way better in the cold than a carbed bike, and the throttle response is great.  You are correct on the price.  It was not cheap.

Nice!!!

Those are a whole different category of bike from the DRZ. Atleast 50# lighter and 50% more power. However I wouldnt want to put the 7500miles/year I do on the DRZ on a bike like that.

16 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yea that's their MO, wish they would answer questions and interact more instead of treating the boards like a billboard along the freeway. :dunno: 

If they were engaged in the community it might get them more business. /shrug

44 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Savage ?

$2000 difference when I bought my FZ09 

I've tried several times to buy from them. Always end up back at Ask. 

Tried again last month on the 790 and ended up getting it from CCM down by Cincinnati. They don't even try. 

On 1/11/2018 at 7:30 PM, MidgetTodd said:

Tried again last month on the 790 and ended up getting it from CCM down by Cincinnati. They don't even try. 

I had the same experience on two bikes that I bought new.  Both times I was a serious buyer but they were thousands of dollars off of the best price in the area.  I have bought all of my riding gear from them so it's not like I have something against the place.  Sometimes I go over just for fun on the weekends to look at the new bikes and look for deals on gear.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:30 PM, MidgetTodd said:

Same deal when I got my Daytona.  Gave them a price to match and wouldn't do it.  Paid cash in cinci the next day.