It's Time.....

JustinNck1

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Pretty good numbers stock.  Cold out, so that helps a little, but you should have plenty of fun.  Any plans to make it more awesome over the winter?

Right now the goal is to get frame sliders, radiator guard, & fender eliminator. Probably going to do a decat and tune after that. Also looking at spools and stands. The 2018 model I'm getting comes with factory quickshifter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, what said:

I was hoping you meant the first part of the new bike, as in, they are shipping it to you in parts that you then get to assemble until spring. 

If it's anything like the way a new Indian is shipped, it's a battery connection and spin and the mirrors and it's ready to go.

Just now, JustinNck1 said:

Yeah Bridgestone S20.

Curious how they are. I'm thinking of swapping out for sport touring tires on the Triump next time I need new tires. Could get a lot of miles out of them I think. 

Though with how well the Q3+ is holding up on the 1000, I may try that. 

2 minutes ago, what said:

Curious how they are. I'm thinking of swapping out for sport touring tires on the Triump next time I need new tires. Could get a lot of miles out of them I think. 

Though with how well the Q3+ is holding up on the 1000, I may try that. 

From what I have read, they won't last long. Sport touring tires have plenty of grip for the street. I'll probably start running a 190/55 on the FJR so I don't have to keep 2 different sets of tires in the garage.

3 hours ago, what said:

I'd have a rough time staring at it for the next month or so >.>

^ what he said.  I don't have the internal restraint.  I have salt water remnants on the garage floor from a new dual sport.   Come on spring! 

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to take the bike out today. Did my short 14 mile loop. Wow this thing is awesome. Had TCS and Mode in the most forgiving, still picked up the wheel a few times. This was my first time using a quickshifter, which is awesome. The 30 feet from my garage to the road was a soupy muddy mess so now the bike is all dirty. Time for some cleaning...

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to take the bike out today. Did my short 14 mile loop. Wow this thing is awesome. Had TCS and Mode in the most forgiving, still picked up the wheel a few times. This was my first time using a quickshifter, which is awesome. The 30 feet from my garage to the road was a soupy muddy mess so now the bike is all dirty. Time for some cleaning...

Lol. Was wondering how long you could resist. 

Meanwhile, I'm in Los Angeles surrounded by people riding their bikes up to the canyons and I'm stuck in a hotel working.