It's Time.....

JustinNck1

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

It's SEO, I'll find some decent days to ride. Gotta start ordering accessories :lol:

Give me a shout when the weather breaks. I'm just up the road in the Hock. I have a naked analog Kawa Zik and would be happy to ride rear guard for ya.;)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

I wish this bike was out when i got my Honda...congrats!

I wanted an FZ1 but wanted a naked version, was too lazy to mess with the euro conversion crap so I got the Honda.

Bad decision lol.

Wanna trade?

I actually work for a Honda dealer :lol:

The new CB1000r had my attention but no release date yet.

28 minutes ago, thompsonian said:

I can almost guarantee you that by the end of February or March it'll be past the break in period...

I don't doubt it. It'll probably be through break-in the week after he gets it...

1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

Coming from the guy who is on vacation from work to either ride 1k miles or go on a cruise, like every month it seems ?

Yea but I drive a 13 year old truck with 160k on it, have a 10 year old bike with 61k on it. Sacrifices :lol:

Bike trips are cheap that's why I do them. Trust me we aren'texactly staying in Hiltons and Ritz-Carleton's when we travel. Gas, food and half a shity hotel isnt expensive at all. And by the way the "kid with no real bills" goes on these trips too. :lol: 

And the Mrs. pays for the family vacations and the trips to tropical locations, although i do the enjoy them thats her gig. 

And way to fuck up a inside joke....DICK :p

Edited by 2talltim

22 minutes ago, what said:

If I didn't have to pay rent I'd have a new MT-10 right now too, and have $50k or more of my student loans paid off. 

Dreams. 

Yea we have $50k or 6 years left on the house,$19k or 3 years left on her student loans, and 3 years on her car(that never get driven)left. Also my youngest will be out of school in 3.5 years. Once I'm done with all that I'll have some extra play money to splurge. I'm also dumping about 18% in 401k right now so that takes a chunk. 

Edited by 2talltim

40 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yea we have $50k or 6 years left on the house,$19k or 3 years left on her student loans, and 3 years on her car(that never get driven)left. Also my youngest will be out of school in 3.5 years. Once I'm done with all that I'll have some extra play money to splurge. I'm also dumping about 18% in 401k right now so that takes a chunk. 

Maybe someday I'll be able to start saving for retirement. Although I think retirement = death for a lot of people that got into the workforce during the recession like I did. 

23 minutes ago, what said:

Maybe someday I'll be able to start saving for retirement. Although I think retirement = death for a lot of people that got into the workforce during the recession like I did. 

What is this "retirement?" I won't be able to retire until lunchtime the day of my funeral

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, what said:

My plan is to be semi retired around 50ish. So i dumpping in what I can till then,plus I also have a pention. My 401k is set to automatically increase 1% every year. My wife will continue her career(that she loves by the way) to supply most of the income and benefits. I'll still do somthing part time or even full time if i can find something I truley enjoy but one thing for certain I'm going to slave away for the man anymore. Also our plans for that time are to move south, westernCarolina's or Northern Georgia area. We have friends that live around there and jobs in her field are plentiful. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

My plan is to be semi retired around 50ish. So i dumpping in what I can till then,plus I also have a pention. My 401k is set to automatically increase 1% every year. My wife will continue her career(that she loves by the way) to supply most of the income and benefits. I'll still do somthing part time or even full time if i can find something I truley enjoy but one thing for certain I'm going to slave away for the man anymore. Also our plans for that time are to move south, westernCarolina's or Northern Georgia area. We have friends that live around there and jobs in her field are plentiful. 

I'm eyeing north Georgia as well, Tim. My sister will be moving to Atlanta to be close to her fiance's family in the next 2 years and my mom has kicked around the idea of moving down there to be closer to them as well. If I can be 1 hour from an airport for work and 1 hour from Wolf Pen Gap for play I'll be happy. 

Edited by what

33 minutes ago, what said:

I'm eyeing north Georgia as well, Tim. My sister will be moving to Atlanta to be close to her fiance's family in the next 2 years and my mom has kicked around the idea of moving down there to be closer to them as well. If I can be 1 hour from an airport for work and 1 hour from Wolf Pen Gap for play I'll be happy. 

geenville, sc or gainsville, ga is area is what we are thinking. Maybe a tad closer to ATL if needed for her to find work. 

18 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Give me a shout when the weather breaks. I'm just up the road in the Hock. I have a naked analog Kawa Zik and would be happy to ride rear guard for ya.;)

I warn you about this offer... Last time I rode with B-Mac, I am not exaggerating when I say we went 160+ for 10 minutes straight.  

Let’s be clear. When you blew by me at M.R.T.:o I got caught in your wake turbulence that pulled me along at a higher speed than I normally go. It’s best to just ride out the tail wind vortices and wait for a stop sign or something to calm things down. :dunno: It’s all about the Coriolis Effect, Your Honor…….

P.S. I turn 60 this month so as a certified Old Fart I will be slowing down and smelling the roses.:lol:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, B-Mac said:

I'm sure we will meet up for a ride. If you ever need anything for your wife's spyder, you can come down and see me in Mineral Wells, WV (We're a Can-Am dealer). I'm sure we can make an excuse to go ride.

• Upvote 1