New member for 2018 - Happy New Year gang

Rodehard

47 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I'm liking this guy.   Super Duke and big boy car tires in the back.  

It takes a motor head to notice tires in the background!  Those are for my 67 camaro - a car I've owned since I was 18.  Street legal, 7500rpm all roller big block, Tremec 5 speed, ford 9" with 4.33's, 6 point cage.  I broke something at Marion dragway about 6yrs ago, and didn't feel like bench pressing the trans out for the 400th time.  So it sits - it's paid for, and not going anywhere!

27 minutes ago, Rodehard said:

It takes a motor head to notice tires in the background!  Those are for my 67 camaro - a car I've owned since I was 18.  Street legal, 7500rpm all roller big block, Tremec 5 speed, ford 9" with 4.33's, 6 point cage.  I broke something at Marion dragway about 6yrs ago, and didn't feel like bench pressing the trans out for the 400th time.  So it sits - it's paid for, and not going anywhere!

I feel your pain. I got a never ending LS-swapped s10 that is one giant money pit.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I feel your pain. I got a never ending LS-swapped s10 that is one giant money pit.

I love those LS motors.  My big block is carbureted (heavily modified demon 1080 cfm 4150 body) and pushing 700hp, but it's really gnarly to drive on the street.  Even with a bypass style fuel system I still get fuel boiling in the bowls when the temps get over 85deg.  Stupid alcohol.  I'd like to sell the BBC, and build a 600hp LS motor.  Better drivability on the street, and with the 200lb weight reduction just as fast.  But.......time, money, life, and a passion for bikes leaves the hot rod sitting!

• 2 months later...

Well, back to work after my step-daughter's funeral yesterday.  Everything is weird, with a giant chunk of my soul ripped out.

She suffered horribly these last 2 months, but now the pain is gone.  She is at piece.

My sons, my job, and love of bikes will make each day a little brighter.

I soooo need to go rip some wheelies....

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Rodehard said:

Well, back to work after my step-daughter's funeral yesterday.  Everything is weird, with a giant chunk of my soul ripped out.

She suffered horribly these last 2 months, but now the pain is gone.  She is at piece.

My sons, my job, and love of bikes will make each day a little brighter.

I soooo need to go rip some wheelies....

Sorry to hear that, but at peace like you said.....surely brutally bittersweet.

Parents losing their children has got to be the worst form of loss.  My condolences to you and yours sir

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...