2017 Year in Review

JustinNck1

I put together a brief synopsis of my 2017. Let's hear how everybody's 2017 went, and what 2018 has in store for them.

2017, wow what a year. I finally took my health serious, lost almost 70 pounds while adding muscle. I rode my motorcycle over 21k miles, visited 23 states, and met countless friends along the way. I became an uncle for the 2nd time. Started a new job in a field that I love. I completed one of the biggest motorcycle challenges in my life, riding over 1,000 miles in less than 24 hours. I visited some of this country's coolest attractions and landmarks. All these motorcycle trips and I brought everything home in one piece. If 2018 is half as good as 2017, I say bring it on. I got big plans already. 2 week trip out west planned, and a bucket list of other things (2nd bike?, track day?, run a 5k?, skydiving?) Who knows....

• Beer 1

3 more classes completed 8 to go.... 

Started biking and then boot camp (crossfit style), lost a few pounds and gain some strength.  Love the fact I am doing this with the most important person to me, @Helmutt 

I still love riding, although I crashed at the gocart track.

I learned, I need strength in my legs, to make up for what I am lacking in height.

2018 goal is for Helmutt to race and for me to gain confidence and skill.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

2017 started a little rough for me. Had to get a few more stents to keep the ticker going. Some good weather early and a couple group rides really started the season off great though. I bought two bikes early in the season and after some restoration I rode them both to the gap. I had a lot of fun with those bikes then sold em both and picked up the Connie  I’d been wanting. It was my first year riding with some of the crowd here and it’s been great to meet some other riders that like to get out and put the miles on. Put on a total of about 13,000 miles this year.                   Hoping 2018 will be more of the same. Already have a trip to the gap and Florida planned for June. :banana:

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

2017 was good --- took a moto-camping trip that was pretty epic; did a track day; met some new OR faces and made new moto friends.  I learned how to clean a carburetor and make dirt bike plastics look like new.  I unintentionally had 5 vacation days that I didn't use that I'm lucky enough to roll over to the first quarter of the new year - I don't think that's ever happened to me before.  

For 2018 - I plan on doing the same moto-camping trip (Babes Ride Out is amazing and I know those of you with penises are super jelly).  I hope to do another track day or two hopefully.  Going on the Gap trip in June.  And making sure to take all 3 weeks of my vacation before next winter sets in.  lol

Is it spring yet???? 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

2017 was pretty epic on the bike, lots of miles lot of trips. Most of you know the negative to my year with the back injury and taking a step back on my fitness due to said back injury. And with that said my finances took a toll last year too, not too bad but carrying a tad bit of a balance on the credit cards I don't like. Medical bill and idle time with out a full paycheck will do that I guess.

2018 the main thing is obviously to stay healthy and get healthier again and not be max out of pocket on medical insurance for the 3rd year in a row. All my trips for they year have been planned. Myrtle with the family in May, gap in June, bike trip out west in July and me and the Mrs. will do something in November for our 21st anniversary.  Our and finances are already back on track to have those balances paid off in 3 to 4 months. My oldest is graduating HS this year(no drugs, police record or pregnancies) so i'll call that a win. Then again she's going to Key West with her friends for spring break so maybe I should hold off till after the before I call it a win.

2017 was a learning year, professionally and personally. Got a new track bike, street bike, and truck. Crashed for the first time ever on said new track bike. (Twice actually.) Got a new job that has less stress and compensates significantly better than the last job. Was able to spoil my family for Christmas for once. Was put in my first (and hopefully last) cast for the first (and hopefully last) fracture/break I've had, but other than that I stayed healthy. Played a lot of flag football. Ate a lot of good food. Spent time with good people. There's nothing else I could ask for. I'm a very fortunate guy.

Looking into 2018; I want to continue to develop in my professional and personal life. Have my family and myself stay healthy. Get lots of track time. Possibly a new street bike. Oh, and get that Nicky Hayden Corsair X rep. :lol:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Danimal said:

2017 was a mixed bag for me. Should have been an epic year. Bike certainly was ready for that. 

Still rode a shit ton, but had to be trailered home twice (first and second time ever). Once from the Gap because a bunch of snapped spokes, once from Southern Ohio because of a punctured radiator.

Then the mystery crash and subsequent bullshit that entailed. Wasn't planning on putting that $$ into getting ready just to throw the fucker in the trash later. 

Now, with the new DR650, and parts arriving daily, once I get out of the financial hole the crash put me in, 2018 should be one of, if not the most, Epic years ever for me.

article-2689519-1F95794C00000578-285_634x654.jpg

What kind of mileage are you expecting cover on that trip?

On 1/2/2018 at 8:54 PM, Tpoppa said:

Umm, yup.  Could I come if I tucked it back, maybe with some tape or something :dunno:

Uh, that probably wouldn't work, they'd spot you when you checked in; but you could for sure go to the Catskills and hang out in the area for the weekend...   lol