Interesting panniers.

Qman

58 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Never did understand how a company can take something that's kind of innovative put some outrageous price tag on it and then wonder why it doesn't fly.

BMW owners are as bad as Ducati owners when it comes to spending money. I watched a guy buy a $15k bike and then buy $10k worth of accessories for that same bike. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pauly said:

BMW owners are as bad as Ducati owners when it comes to spending money. I watched a guy buy a $15k bike and then buy $10k worth of accessories for that same bike. 

:slap:            :nono: 

Edited by 2talltim

'Bout the same price as the SW-Motech TraX panniers.  They're an accessory that would maybe be worthwhile if you were traveling for weeks on end.  So far, I've managed fine with cheap used soft bags for trips of a week or so.  Not secure from theft, but my traveling clothes aren't likely to get stolen...

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, Pauly said:

Spent big $ on my GSA, for one reason because it needs no accessories.   Suspension good for heavy load, plenty of electronic aids, perfect windscreen, ...flame away!

11 hours ago, Qman said:

Spent big $ on my GSA, for one reason because it needs no accessories.   Suspension good for heavy load, plenty of electronic aids, perfect windscreen, ...flame away!

Some guys take a brand new GSA, and drop crazy money in replacing perfectly fine parts. That's the sad part.

• Beer 1

Why do you guys care what other dudes spend on upgrading their bikes? Lmao 

There's $70k+ bikes out there, there's cars  with hundreds of thousands just in the motor alone, people spend money upgrading scooters and kids electric toy cars..

Everybody likes different shit. If I had the resources to buy a bike and crack open a catalog to order everything my heart desires you bet I would too. 

Don't see anyone hating on the R6 build thread going right now... And that dude never even rode the thing, he tore it apart right from the crate. 

Dont see any "that's sad" comments there lol.... 

Come on guys! Don't be salty 

39 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Don't see anyone hating on the R6 build thread going right now... And that dude never even rode the thing, he tore it apart right from the crate. 

For sake of not being rude I've bit my  my tongue many times in that thread. Like you said to each thier own.

43 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Why do you guys care what other dudes spend on upgrading their bikes? Lmao 

There's $70k+ bikes out there, there's cars  with hundreds of thousands just in the motor alone, people spend money upgrading scooters and kids electric toy cars..

Everybody likes different shit. If I had the resources to buy a bike and crack open a catalog to order everything my heart desires you bet I would too. 

Come on guys! Don't be salty 

I thought that's how discussion works :dunno:, no need to be salty :lol:

We could all just sit here and say nothing, that sounds like a bunch of fun... The track bike build is crazy too, but I see more merit in buying a street bike and converting it to a track bike, than a Adventure bike and just changing the adventure parts to slightly different adventure parts. At least the track bike build I can see major differences.

Buying a GS and then kitting it to ride across the globe is not the same as some doctor buying one and doing the same so he can ride it to work on Friday. Also, the R6 build thread is the way you build a race bike. It's how factory teams build race bikes. It isn't going to be his weekend canyon carver. 

All that aside, I made a nice commission off that Ducati buyer, so I wasn't hating. Not that I give a damn what YOU think of me. You ride a Honda. 

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

Buying a GS and then kitting it to ride across the globe is not the same as some doctor buying one and doing the same so he can ride it to work on Friday. Also, the R6 build thread is the way you build a race bike. It's how factory teams build race bikes. It isn't going to be his weekend canyon carver. 

All that aside, I made a nice commission off that Ducati buyer, so I wasn't hating. Not that I give a damn what YOU think of me. You ride a Honda. 

Correction: I own a Honda. I don't ride it. ? it's always got battery problems. Maybe if I had spent more on shit to upgrade it I'd ride more ?

Hater 

8 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Because a full blown race bike from the ground up is awesome.  "That dude" has built a few track bikes, why not go full bore on this one?

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2017 at 11:01 AM, Pauly said:

Wait, Nivin bought a GS now?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1