Meet and Greet at AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum - January 27th, 2018

Casper

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

KTM allows dealers to be off-road only. 

THIS.  My local dealer Rhemerts Kawasaki/KTM in Versailles Ohio is dirt only with their KTM lineup, but they carry all of Kawasaki's lineup including SxS's and PWC's.  I had to find a KTM street/dirt dealer elsewhere too.

Oh, and the wife and I are out for this meetup.....got a show to play

Edited by Helmutt

20 minutes ago, Helmutt said:

THIS.  My local dealer Rhemerts Kawasaki/KTM in Versailles Ohio is dirt only with their KTM lineup, but they carry all of Kawasaki's lineup including SxS's and PWC's.  I had to find a KTM street/dirt dealer elsewhere too.

Yeah, the manufacturer or dealer can pick and choose what they want to carry. Of course they must agree upon it. Obviously a dealer in the desert doesn't carry watercraft or a Florida dealer snowmobiles.

9 minutes ago, max power said:

That's weird. I can understand space limitations and what not but if I were a dealer for a certain brand I would want to carry at least one example  of each model that brand offered. Doing otherwise seems like bad business. 

Except when they sit, unsold, taking up space, insurance and floor plan financing.

4 minutes ago, smccrory said:

Except when they sit, unsold, taking up space, insurance and floor plan financing.

THIS. As much as everyone wants to stock the latest liter bike and all the "cool" bikes in their opinion, you gotta stock what sells. The area my dealer is in, mainly old guys wanting cruisers, atvs, and side by sides.

18 minutes ago, smccrory said:

This. 

WheelSports is a dirt dealer. Always has been. They only sponsor and support dirt racing. They have no interest in street or street customer base so no reason to carry street. Not sure why that's odd to you many dealers do it. 

Take Iron Pony for example. How many boats, skis, cars do you see there? Suzuki and Honda make 

cars

Yamaha, Polaris, Canam and Honda all make water craft. And snowmobiles

When we raced at Road America and our Zuma broke we drove past two Yamaha dealers to get to one that carried scooters to get a part. It's common practice. 

Edited by MidgetTodd

Wheelsports has some street bikes, but they do carry more dirt bikes than street bikes.  CCM has a much better selection of the KTM street bikes.  They also made me a deal that Wheelsports wouldn't touch. 

Edited by Connie14

I'd love to attend the meet and great, being a new member of the forum it would be nice to meet some of you guys face to face.  Unfortunately I'm hanging out with my daughter in hospice this weekend.  Glad to have this time with her, just wish it was not like this.

I was in Wheelsports last spring getting parts for my EXC, and they still had a '14 SDR sitting there, and still asking almost list price for it.  That was the only street bike I saw in the building.

Wheelsports is kind of a weird place, dirt bikes and weed whackers - just never seen a bike dealer like that before.  They have good inventory of dirt bike parts, but yeah - not much for the street bike crowd.

That reminds me, KTM is now part of the Brembo master cylinder recall.  Sucka$$.  Now I gotta find a dealer to do the recall work on my SDR.  I hate other people wrenching on my bikes.

5 hours ago, Rodehard said:

I'm hanging out with my daughter in hospice this weekend. 

Every time I read about what you’re going through with your daughter I don’t know what to say. I feel for you man. I have prayed for you and your family and will continue to do so. Having 13 and 15 year old daughters myself, I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well if my boy didn’t have a basketball game this morning I’d come. I would like to meet ya’ll and the AMA HOF is only about a mile away from me. Its a cool place, but I haven’t been there in a year or so.

Edited by JR_ider

13 hours ago, durk said:

Every time I read about what you’re going through with your daughter I don’t know what to say. I feel for you man. I have prayed for you and your family and will continue to do so. Having 13 and 15 year old daughters myself, I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. 

My thoughts exactly man.  My daughter will be 21 later this year, but no matter how old she gets....this kind of thing still tugs at my feels too

• Thanks 1