heated grips

Casper

The whole Gerbings/Warning Store/First Gear thing confuses me. I know the brands have been jockeyed around over the years but it just makes it confusing. My gloves are the Classic style mine are labeled Gerbings, but if I wanted to replace them Id have to order the Warm and Safe brand but they are the exact same thing. https://www.thewarmingstore.com/warm-n-safe-the-rider-classic-style-mens-heated-gloves.html

My heat troller is Labeled andGerbings but are now labeled First Gear but labeled Warm and Safe http://www.warmnsafe.com/dual-portable-heat-troller-coax/

And finally my Jacket liner is a micro wire which is labeled a Gerbings but have been told the aren't made by Gerbing and aren't as good as the originals but the new ones are. 

:dunno:

32 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

The whole Gerbings/Warning Store/First Gear thing confuses me. I know the brands have been jockeyed around over the years but it just makes it confusing. My gloves are the Classic style mine are labeled Gerbings, but if I wanted to replace them Id have to order the Warm and Safe brand but they are the exact same thing. https://www.thewarmingstore.com/warm-n-safe-the-rider-classic-style-mens-heated-gloves.html

My heat troller is Labeled andGerbings but are now labeled First Gear but labeled Warm and Safe http://www.warmnsafe.com/dual-portable-heat-troller-coax/

And finally my Jacket liner is a micro wire which is labeled a Gerbings but have been told the aren't made by Gerbing and aren't as good as the originals but the new ones are. 

:dunno:

Who knows?  Likely all mass produced by the same 3rd-world children.  But here is a story of the earlier Gerbing...

https://gordonsheated.com/index.php/about-gerbin

21 hours ago, Pauly said:

Can they still be had? I've a pair of Olympia snow machine gloves, but I couldn't start my bike with them... let alone pick up the damn ignition key. 

They were Chinese (so sad). And I got them at the dealer shop on Morse road, that is now gone (again sad). Let me check the gloves for names. Ok, it says "Power Trip", Thinsulate Supreme insulation, xlarge (I wear a medium) outshell 100% genuine leather, lining 100% polyester, insert:breathable membrane, made in China. I think it's the "Dakota" model/style. They had gel palm and a face shield wiper blade on the thumb (it works). Looks like mine are a bit worn out, but not thinking I need new ones in Florida. Checking the internet, most of the Power Trip gloves show up on closeouts/ebay. So they might be out of business. Here's a pic I found on eBay of some small size. I'd just look for whatever has that 3M Thinsulate Supreme insulation. That was probably what made them work so well. edit: these ran really small. I wear medium glove, I like a large motorcycle glove, and bought extra large which were snug.

edit again: I see that FieldSheer makes "polar" gloves with the 3M Thinsulate Supreme.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600_2.jpg

Edited by ReconRat
  • Beer 1

I had those same gloves... I think they're magical or something, my hands would sweat in 0 degree Temps riding my 4 wheeler with those... Wore them all winter in Ohio riding the VFR and never once had cold hands.... Best gloves ever made... I don't really have a need for anything that warm now, my leather gloves are fine into the 40s/50s so I can't remember if I still have them or not... Got them at iron pony 10yrs ago lol

Edited by Steve Butters

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, 2talltim said:

I like both. Grips for those slightly chilly mornings but the gloves for the flat out cool or cold days.

Older thread, but this.

I have gerbings heated gloves, which are great but kind of big and bulky - but for me on the bikes I've owned necessary when temps are below 40 and will be on the highway for hours.

Heated grips are nice because I can ride without the bulky heated gloves until it hits about 40-45.  Then it's time to break out the gerbings.

• Beer 1

I have had the Symtec, Oxford and OEM heated grips and love them all, Cant do without. But the new heated seat is the bomb.

As you can see with out the heat my body core temp fall to the "freezing my ass off" with a serious turtle situation.

When you have a heated seat things become normal.

Without Heat:

Seat20Heater201.jpg

With Heated Seat:

402774e7-5fda-4353-9b57-cb35f3f843b4.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

I have had the Symtec, Oxford and OEM heated grips and love them all, Cant do without. But the new heated seat is the bomb.

As you can see with out the heat my body core temp fall to the "freezing my ass off" with a serious turtle situation.

When you have a heated seat things become normal

With Heated Seat:

402774e7-5fda-4353-9b57-cb35f3f843b4.jpg

Heated seats make your legs shrink???

• Haha 1