Planning and Preparing: Go West Young Man!! (Justin and Tim's westward adventure)

2talltim

Mostly packed.

Left bag..tools, jump pack, other emergency things and WP touring jacket

Right bag..laptop, airhawk(just incase), jacket&pant  liners and extra gloves

Tail bag(on rear seat)...snacks, drinks, visor cleaning stuff and other odds and ends

Tank Bag..camera, glasses,other odd and ends

Top case...basically my suit case that's going into the room every night. Cloths,toletires, shoes, ect.

20180721_133237.thumb.jpg.ab2efff9da658d60eae8f2e065ba67a6.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Mostly packed.

Left bag..tools, jump pack, other emergency things and WP touring jacket

Right bag..laptop, airhawk(just incase), jacket&pant  liners and extra gloves

Tail bag(on rear seat)...snacks, drinks, visor cleaning stuff and other odds and ends

Tank Bag..camera, glasses,other odd and ends

Top case...basically my suit case that's going into the room every night. Cloths,toletires, shoes, ect.

20180721_133237.thumb.jpg.ab2efff9da658d60eae8f2e065ba67a6.jpg

That’s a whole lot of stuff. Here’s how I packed for close to the same trip:

C7D5CAC1-435A-487B-8C4A-9FA26D135798.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Casper said:

That’s a whole lot of stuff. Here’s how I packed for close to the same trip:

C7D5CAC1-435A-487B-8C4A-9FA26D135798.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Tonik said:

No, not close to the same trip.

And you were probably half my age at that time. 

The way I see it if I can bring it I will. I'm not riding average of 450 a day every day for 2 weeks and not having the gear and equipment I should have that is sitting in my garage.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tonik said:

He hauled it out there in a damn trailer Dead to me Guy.

I wish I’d trailered. Totally will next time. The states between here and Colorado suuuuuuck. 

54 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

And you were probably half my age at that time. 

The way I see it if I can bring it I will. I'm not riding average of 450 a day every day for 2 weeks and not having the gear and equipment I should have that is sitting in my garage.

I think I was 28 or 29. 4700 in 10 days, 2 of those days we didn’t ride (1 in Gateway and 1 in Santa Fe). It was a lot of fun. You guys are going to have a blast. 

4 hours ago, Casper said:

I think I was 28 or 29. 4700 in 10 days, 2 of those days we didn’t ride (1 in Gateway and 1 in Santa Fe). It was a lot of fun. You guys are going to have a blast. 

I'm gitty in anticipation. Everything is ready and we truly are squeezing a lot of sweet sites in in the 16 days. Ours will be right around 7000 miles. I want this to be a total independent trip and only need to purchase food,lodging and gas on the way. In other words take everything I could ever need with me. We need to prepare for 90 degrees across the plains and potential snow in the northwest passage and everything in between. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2talltim said:

100% ready to roll.

Maps are tweeked itinerary updated. Bike is completely packed. Gear is layed out.

Nothing to do now but wait.

20180723_170714.thumb.jpg.90baf6d920753e7707123c14a08a0d70.jpg

You could always rub one out while thinking about your awaiting adventures. 

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

I get the feeling you're excited. 

Just a little bit. This is the longest bike trip ive ever planned or been a part of. CAN'T WAIT!!! Should be epic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Just a little bit. This is the longest bike trip ive ever planned or been a part of. CAN'T WAIT!!! Should be epic. 

If you haven't travelled out west before you will be amazed at the natural beauty you are about to experience.A motorcycle is the best way to experience these places...temperature changes,mountain air,360 degree views,being in the weather and environment ....are experiencee you just can't get from a car or RV.

1 minute ago, drc32-0 said:

If you haven't travelled out west before you will be amazed at the natural beauty you are about to experience.A motorcycle is the best way to experience these places...temperature changes,mountain air,360 degree views,being in the weather and environment ....are experiencee you just can't get from a car or RV.

I've been out in the truck and trailered the bike. Got a couple day on the bike while out there but it was just a taste. That was 5 years ago and been itching to go back and being at the mercy of the elements is part of the excitement.

Got on the bike today for the first time in over 2 weeks.(Doctors orders) Rode to my dr appointment on the west side of Columbus to give it a shake down for the trip. The great news is the Doc has cleared me for the trip. The also kinda good news/bad news is my shake down revealed a problem with the bike. Long story short I was dumb ass when putting on the new brake pads, but all is fine now. Just glad I decided to ride to the appointment and found it early enough to address it at home and not on the road. Other than that every thing else worked and performed perfectly. 

My little jaunt around town today.

20180726_222238.thumb.jpg.ee412890b009da7fb984a1033f5bcd85.jpg

Edited by 2talltim