Trying to decide between H2 SX SE and a new 16 H2

cOoTeR

I recently sold my 2012 ZX10-R and my 08 Concours 14. Yesterday I went to the dealer to put a deposit on a 2018 SX SE. I'm going to be financing a little for the bike so I need to wait until a little closer to the shipping date to officially order since the credit approval is only good for 30 days. But the dealer has a new 2016 H2 left over that they said they would sell me for the same cost as the SX SE. I'm hoping the new SX SE will be the perfect mashup of my former ZX10-R and C14 with comfort equal to the C14 and speed equal or better than my ZX10-R.

Im leaning towards the SX SE because its newer, more tech such as the 2 direction Quick Shifter and cruise control. But I'm a little concerned with the power numbers Kawasaki has released. When the 2011 ZX10R came out the power numbers Kawasaki put out were around 200 hp and 83 ft lbs. When the bikes hit the streets they got restricted and needed a flash to reach those numbers. But even after being derestricted 170 hp was what most people were getting to the wheels which is understandable. My 10 with a Guhl Flash custom tune exhaust and filter made 175hp on pump gas in Tucson which was pretty respectable. Now fast forward to the release of the H2 and Kawasaki claimed 200 hp and 98 ft lbs. Pretty similar claimed numbers but real world testing had the stock unflashed H2's coming in at 192 hp and 93 ft lbs at the wheel. Even though the claimed number were similar the real world results were totally different and the H2 gains a lot more with basic mods. Now the SX SE is claiming to have a similar engine to the H2 but its tuned down to run more efficiently. They are claiming similar power numbers to the H2 even though its supposedly tuned down. Even though they say its tuned down the rating is still 197 hp and 101 ft lbs. So where are those numbers going to be when the bikes hit the real world? If its closer to the H2's real world numbers Ill be happy but if its closer to the zx10-r's real world numbers im afraid Ill be significantly disappointed especially since it will have the extra weight.

If its going to be heavier and not as strong as my ZX10-R I'd rather buy the 2 year old H2. But if its going to have more power, comfort and tech I'd prefer to get the SX SE.

Edited by cOoTeR

Definitely gonna be heavier. 10r is under 400# dry and the new kawi right at 500# dry. Looks like your to big differences are gonna be comfort and power delivery. If the sx se is anything like the rest of kawasaki “based on” motors then it should deliver power like your Connie did, mostly in the middle. If your more into the way the 10r pulls I’d bet you’d be happier with the leftover. Just my 2 cents.