Jump to content
Tonik

Cross your fingers bourbon drinkers.

Recommended Posts

I will cross my fingers if this is made available to OR members....:drink:  I am a bourbon drinker, and love trying new blends/brands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy bourbon very much so will also cross my fingers. Also, Christmas is coming up and your favorite parts guy is thirsty. Just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RidersDiscount said:

I enjoy bourbon very much so will also cross my fingers. Also, Christmas is coming up and your favorite parts guy is thirsty. Just saying. 

Can't age it in three weeks and call it bourbon.  :rulez:

 

  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tonik said:

Can't age it in three weeks and call it bourbon.  :rulez:

 

True story. But they have bourbon on the shelf you can still send me. :crazy:

  • Beer 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought there was a way to fast-age bourbon via electrolysis, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Helmutt said:

Thought there was a way to fast-age bourbon via electrolysis, yes?

The requirements for aging bourbon are actually federal law. New oak barrel, period. Anything else is whiskey.

There is some irony there, an illegal moonshiner quoting federal law.

Edited by Tonik
  • Beer 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love me some bourbon. 

My favorite current bottle is Elijah Craig 18 year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, Helmutt said:

Thought there was a way to fast-age bourbon via electrolysis, yes?

there is and it's still bourbon even under the federal law per the tour and "enthusiastic" conversation with the owner/creator Tom Lix by my buddy who is the biggest Bourbon snob there has got to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Cool, you can drink that shit...and it is shit. Rest of us will drink the good stuff.

hey I didn't claim to love it, just letting you know the facts. I think its ridiculously overpriced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bad324 said:

hey I didn't claim to love it, just letting you know the facts. I think its ridiculously overpriced

Facts my ass, your post was devoid of facts.

Here are the facts, they put it in a barrel for a split second to meet the letter of the law. Then they put it in a pressure vessel full of wood chips and pressurize the shit out of it for 24 hours to turn it brown with none of the advantages of aging it.

You and your buddy can call it anything you want, but that don't make it anything other than what it is. Shitty brown colored cornshine.

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tonik said:

Facts my ass, your post was devoid of facts.

Here are the facts, they put it in a barrel for a split second to meet the letter of the law. Then they put it in a pressure vessel full of wood chips and pressurize the shit out of it for 24 hours to turn it brown with none of the advantages of aging it.

You and your buddy can call it anything you want, but that don't make it anything other than what it is. Shitty brown colored cornshine.

yes oh wise man tell me more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

?

 

2c60595ee436bee77e5ec120633b26d5.jpg

  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tonik said:

IMG_20171222_101500.jpg

Man, that's some serious technology you have going on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×