Cross your fingers bourbon drinkers.

Tonik

1 minute ago, RidersDiscount said:

I enjoy bourbon very much so will also cross my fingers. Also, Christmas is coming up and your favorite parts guy is thirsty. Just saying. 

Can't age it in three weeks and call it bourbon.  :rulez:

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Helmutt said:

Thought there was a way to fast-age bourbon via electrolysis, yes?

The requirements for aging bourbon are actually federal law. New oak barrel, period. Anything else is whiskey.

There is some irony there, an illegal moonshiner quoting federal law.

Edited by Tonik
  • Beer 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, Helmutt said:

Thought there was a way to fast-age bourbon via electrolysis, yes?

there is and it's still bourbon even under the federal law per the tour and "enthusiastic" conversation with the owner/creator Tom Lix by my buddy who is the biggest Bourbon snob there has got to be

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Cool, you can drink that shit...and it is shit. Rest of us will drink the good stuff.

hey I didn't claim to love it, just letting you know the facts. I think its ridiculously overpriced

3 hours ago, Bad324 said:

hey I didn't claim to love it, just letting you know the facts. I think its ridiculously overpriced

Facts my ass, your post was devoid of facts.

Here are the facts, they put it in a barrel for a split second to meet the letter of the law. Then they put it in a pressure vessel full of wood chips and pressurize the shit out of it for 24 hours to turn it brown with none of the advantages of aging it.

You and your buddy can call it anything you want, but that don't make it anything other than what it is. Shitty brown colored cornshine.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Tonik said:

Facts my ass, your post was devoid of facts.

Here are the facts, they put it in a barrel for a split second to meet the letter of the law. Then they put it in a pressure vessel full of wood chips and pressurize the shit out of it for 24 hours to turn it brown with none of the advantages of aging it.

You and your buddy can call it anything you want, but that don't make it anything other than what it is. Shitty brown colored cornshine.

yes oh wise man tell me more