Jump to content

"side hustle."


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

IMG_9988.jpg

Hell I could duct tape metal together.:lol:

Wasn't finished yet - duct tape to keep the razor blade edges from slicing your pants. Leg isn't welded on either in this pic. We used leather patches on the corners and polished the entire this eventually....

greg1.jpg

Edited by Earache
can't type for shit
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m an motorcycle Ohio instructor. Just to get you an idea, it’s roughs about 350 a weekend. There is an am  “instructor prep course” in a few months that could get you certified and teaching next year and it still has open seats. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I paint on the side. It's easy cash for me and I typically enjoy it. Interior only, no exterior. Everyone hates all the prep work, trimming, gathering drop clothes, applying tape. I don't use either of those so it usually goes faster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 7:03 PM, flashesbuck said:

I’m an motorcycle Ohio instructor. Just to get you an idea, it’s roughs about 350 a weekend. There is an am  “instructor prep course” in a few months that could get you certified and teaching next year and it still has open seats. 

Tree-fiddy a weekend? How many hours does it consume?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Tree-fiddy a weekend? How many hours does it consume?

Not counting drive time, 18 or so.  Been trying to get Andy to join in but his damn travel schedule is messing things up.  And it's closer to $430.  I don't pay shit for taxes on it.  The daytona was a write off and so are track days as professional development.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Not counting drive time, 18 or so.  Been trying to get Andy to join in but his damn travel schedule is messing things up.  And it's closer to $430.  I don't pay shit for taxes on it.  The daytona was a write off and so are track days as professional development.

Hmm, I wonder where the closest place is for me if I were to get involved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Hmm, I wonder where the closest place is for me if I were to get involved. 

Polaris in Berea would be a good bet, or Tri-C. The Polaris peeps seemed pretty cool when I went there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have 1 doll crib assembled, and i already see ways I could save time and costs on future builds.

with that said, the heart cutouts in the headboards took a lot more sanding and dremel work than I had anticipated.  I could shave a lot of time and aggravation with a jig saw and a proper router though.

still not sure it's worth the time and effort.  Assembling them is fun.  painting them isn't.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 8:32 AM, Tonik said:

Polaris in Berea would be a good bet, or Tri-C. The Polaris peeps seemed pretty cool when I went there.

Polaris is where I teach most of my classes, top notch facility and program coordinator draws in the best coaches. Also at Hudson high school. 

If you are curious where classes can be taught, head over to Motorcycle ohio. But also the Harley dealerships offer their version and wont show up no the MO website. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flashesbuck said:

Polaris is where I teach most of my classes, top notch facility and program coordinator draws in the best coaches. Also at Hudson high school. 

If you are curious where classes can be taught, head over to Motorcycle ohio. But also the Harley dealerships offer their version and wont show up no the MO website. 

Does that gal that slow rides the wing in competition still teach at Polaris? She can sure ride that thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tonik said:

Does that gal that slow rides the wing in competition still teach at Polaris? She can sure ride that thing.

I think your talking about Janine, she's crazy good, and is actually a teacher for the other coaches. I learn allot from her! Ya she still teaches classes from time to time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2017 at 5:02 PM, Earache said:

^ This! There's no end to whiners about whatever it is you make. Can't do it themselves, but they tell you how to do.

 

I started making furniture full time a few years ago. Started out making some stuff for a local interior design firm and was amazed at the cash I could get for simple shit. Bikes parts take forever to make and I don't get shit for them. I can do a dining table in 3 days and get $3,500 for it. So now I'm a furniture designer <gg>. Just wish bike parts apid more as I'd rather make them.

 

Some stuff I made...

Badass!  I have contemplated making some furniture for personal use, but lack the tools (and experience) to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jporter12 said:

Badass!  I have contemplated making some furniture for personal use, but lack the tools (and experience) to do so.

I think you'd be surprised what you can do with a minimum amount of tools. Could always borrow some tools to help you complete a project.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 3:38 PM, Earache said:

I think you'd be surprised what you can do with a minimum amount of tools. Could always borrow some tools to help you complete a project.

Well, I now have a project to start with.  The oldest leech kid in the house now has a tortoise, and the tank that it resides in needs a stand.  I suppose I should get to work planning what to make to hold it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...