Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day 2018

TimTheAzn

Dates for 2018 OR Track Day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you?

• July 2nd
    • July 2nd

2 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Holy fuck,  Casper is actually in for something. 

I'll believe it when he shows up.

I’ll be in the slowest novice group, but I think I’m in. I had a lot of fun at my first track day. Can we bring campers for this? 

11 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

@Jester any closer to knowing the plan? 

Havent given it alot of thought to be honest. I would like to take the RV if we go the night before, either way I will figure something out to get your bike in there. 

6 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Havent given it alot of thought to be honest. I would like to take the RV if we go the night before, either way I will figure something out to get your bike in there. 

Sweet, thanks. I have lots of good camping stuff, among other things a propane smoker that fits 2 racks of baby back ribs. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Sweet, thanks. I have lots of good camping stuff, among other things a propane smoker that fits 2 racks of baby back ribs. 

How much time do you think you are going to have on your hands during the track day? lol!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

How much time do you think you are going to have on your hands during the track day? lol!

How much work do you think it is to smoke a few racks of ribs? 6 hours cook time, maybe 20 min actual work. 

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

How much work do you think it is to smoke a few racks of ribs? 6 hours cook time, maybe 20 min actual work. 

Depends on if you need to do anything track-day related when you get there. You'd have to put em in at 6 to have them done by lunch. Novice lunch is cut short with a riders meeting I believe. Do what you do man! I never say no to smoked meat.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Depends on if you need to do anything track-day related when you get there. You'd have to put em in at 6 to have them done by lunch. Novice lunch is cut short with a riders meeting I believe. Do what you do man! I never say no to smoked meat.

Could also be smoked and consumed during camping the day before. 

Yes, your first novice track day at Mid-Ohio gives you little time for anything regarding something like that.  You'll come off the track, might check tire temp and adjust, immediately head to your rider's meeting which goes for about 20 minutes (entire advanced session) and you'll have about 10 minutes of time to think and prepare for your next session and then they'll be calling for novice riders to stage for the next session. The time between your sessions seems to go sooo fast.  Any chance you get, I'd recommend relaxing.

Make sure you drink lots of water and eat as light as possible.  You definitely don't want food coma.  

On 3/7/2018 at 7:14 AM, jacobhawkins said:

Me me me!

Dude anytime... You should have came out with us the night I crashed at your place.  I would have loved to ride the Ducati and you could have romped around on the Z...

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Put in my PTO request slip today. Just need to find a pair of gauntlet style gloves and I should be set. 

Although not required for novice, I'd recommend if you don't already have a back protector to get one of those as well. 

30 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Although not required for novice, I'd recommend if you don't already have a back protector to get one of those as well. 

I explained to Sam off-line that requirements vs. what you should have are two different things.

• Upvote 1