Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day 2018

TimTheAzn

Dates for 2018 OR Track Day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you?

• July 2nd
    • July 2nd

this is a very awesome thing that you are doing man!!! I will throw my hat in the pile, this would be my second time ever on a big track. either way I would like to make this, I wont vote on dates because I am pretty open on what I can make work.

6 minutes ago, bowdog said:

this is a very awesome thing that you are doing man!!! I will throw my hat in the pile, this would be my second time ever on a big track. either way I would like to make this, I wont vote on dates because I am pretty open on what I can make work.

I'd like to keep the focus not on me giving away a track day, but remembering and honoring a great guy! 

I'll only let you put your name in the hat if you give me 2min of sexy time with that R&D 675r :spank::lol:

Cert Giveaway List:

1. bowdog

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I guess I'll throw my name in the hat. Never been on a track, hoping to this year though.

You got it.

25 minutes ago, Rodehard said:

A very gracious act @TimTheAzn

It really speaks to your character, and to the friendships that are made on this forum.  My hat's off to you!

I have some really great people in my life!

Cert Giveaway List:

1. bowdog

2. JustinNck1

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Ok guys and gals, we are going to do something for 1st and possibly 2nd timers (people who are new to track riding) the opportunity to do this day for free (in terms of track costs.)

Back in 2016 @RHill (Ryan Hill) offered me a Mid-Ohio gift certificate so I could come out and ride the track the same day he was there ( I was a little tight on money at that particular time). I accepted this gracious offer and was going to pay him back with another cert the following year. Unfortunately I was never able to repay Ryan as he unexpectedly passed away that October. I'm not sure if I've ever met someone with the passion this guy had for all things track days and motorcycles. He was the first one to lend a hand and wanted everyone to have a good time. He was a staple in the paddock and is missed immensely.

Since I was not able to pay him back, and I knew his passion for sharing his passion with other people., I am going to be giving away a Mid-Ohio gift certificate to a new track rider who would like to join us. I would prefer that person to be at least a member of OR since this is where details about this day will be posted etc. So if you had someone that was thinking about joining us for this epic day and is not a member, get them to sign up and post in here!

You will have to let me know if this is going to be your 1st or 2nd time on track and I will keep a list of names and will draw a random number to determine the winner.

No strings attached, and it's on the honor system in terms of how new you are to the track. I can't wait to get out there with you guys (since I wasn't able to ride last year).

IMG_7152.JPG

Might want to post this up in the main part of the forum so the real new track people would have an easier time catching this opportunity.

Edited by jacobhawkins

23 hours ago, what said:

Would be cool if this was an annual thing. I would throw some bucks at group-buying a cert or two to donate to get new/interested people out to the track. We'd need some disclaimers though. 

I'd pitch in on his too.

On 1/19/2018 at 2:32 PM, blue03636 said:

I have only been on track once or twice. :lol:

On 1/19/2018 at 2:37 PM, tall_tracy said:

Your body literally being on the track is not what they mean...  ;)

9 hours ago, J_Copeland said:

Yeah,we all know throwing your body to the pavement is NOT what Tim meant !

I think most of us have been “on the track” once or twice.?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, F4iguy said:

I think most of us have been “on the track” once or twice.?

I've yet to be "on the track" but i have a few off-road adventures under my belt at Nelsons. One still put me in the meat wagon unfortunately. 

Edited by ludwb675