Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day 2018

TimTheAzn

Dates for 2018 OR Track Day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you?

• July 2nd
    • July 2nd

15 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

I have 8 certs for next year.  Yes, I plan to hit other tracks this year too, but mid ohio is just so close.  Can't wait for this terrible season of salt and cold to go away.  

What makes me sad is, that's basically 8 PTO days. I wish Mid-O would run on the weekends sometimes. I understand that the events they run on the weekend bring in more cash, still sucks though.

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What makes me sad is, that's basically 8 PTO days. I wish Mid-O would run on the weekends sometimes. I understand that the events they run on the weekend bring in more cash, still sucks though.

I work OT to make up track days.  Vacation is saved to whatever Katie wants to do.  Agreed it sucks they don't run weekends though. 

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

I work OT to make up track days.  Vacation is saved to whatever Katie wants to do.  Agreed it sucks they don't run weekends though. 

I’m a school teacher. Lots of days free for track days. ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

So I'll see you there!?

I bought 1 certificate for Mid O and I want to try Pitt once this year. I have a lot of days free just not necessarily liquid cash for track days. I hope to coordinate my day at Mid-O with you this time. Probably won’t be quite as fun as our street ride last year since we won’t be in the same class. I’m sure fun will still be had though. 

43 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

I enjoy Putnam myself if you're going to try other tracks

Pitt is so much closer for me. 1.5 hrs away vs like 6hrs to Putnam. I think Mid-O is already like 2.5hrs. 

If anyone is interested is going to tracks further away I will try to post up dates and locations. 

We normally hit up summit point, nc bike, road atlanta, vir, njmp etc... 

Pirc is our normal go to and it really is an awesome track. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

I just have a goal of 34s this year at mid O.

And run ateast 1/4 of the straight on the back wheel lol. 

I'd be happy to break into the 1:39's by the end of the year. 6 seconds seems doable in a year. 

18 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

6 seconds is a lot. Depends on how much you go tho.

6 seconds is a lot at a point. I shaved at least 10 seconds just by getting on the CBR. I think 6 seconds is an achievable goal coming from 1:45/1:46. I've got a good idea on areas I need to improve to make up the most time so if I focus on those problems this season I bet I can make pretty significant progress.

10 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

The closer you get to the pointy end the harder it is to shave time. You will more than likely hit a wall around the 1:42 range. These are fun to get through.

I don't doubt I'll hit a wall in the low 1:40's. I plan to find out where it is exactly :) 

Edited by what

1 hour ago, what said:

6 seconds is a lot at a point. I shaved at least 10 seconds just by getting on the CBR.

Yea, because you went from something with no power to something with power on a track that has a very long straight lol. No doubt youve improved, but the majority of that time was purely because you went from an old ass under powered duc to a 1k lol.

Like Craig said, the closer you get to the "pointy end" the harder it is the shave time. We need to put a real lap timer on you next season!

Edited by TimTheAzn

5 hours ago, blue03636 said:

What timer is being used now if he needs a real one?

We were timing with a stopwatch. Press go when we pass point X, press stop when we pass point X again. Not accurate down to the millisecond but I would say accurate to the second.