Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day 2018

TimTheAzn

Dates for 2018 OR Track Day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you?

• July 2nd
    • July 2nd

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I took those for @2talltim but this applies to you too!

2309EB48-0E6F-47E3-978A-D7A7EB6F77DF.jpeg

F21BFBA9-070C-4E49-9F08-E28363028660.jpeg

That guy actually was posting on a C14 FB page after that track day that his bike ran like shit after he put it on the track. Said it was throwing codes and cutting out and dying on him. Sounded like a battery grounding problem to me but said he was going to have his dealer look at it. Never did hear if it was resolved.

46 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

That guy actually was posting on a C14 FB page after that track day that his bike ran like shit after he put it on the track. Said it was throwing codes and cutting out and dying on him. Sounded like a battery grounding problem to me but said he was going to have his dealer look at it. Never did hear if it was resolved.

Doubt it was the track's fault.

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

The track won't hurt your bike any faster than the street unless you've neglected maintenance or have already-failing parts. Touring bikes have an embedded speed/wear reduction tool called limited lean angle anyway, which you fucks hit on the street every time I ride with you. 

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, ricer1 said:

I bought (1) track day, like the rest of you I know this will be better than crack and will have to feed the addiction.  

Just go buy a track bike now man. I know you well enough that you will be getting one within days of using your certificate.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Just go buy a track bike now man. I know you well enough that you will be getting one within days of using your certificate.

I was actually a little surprised you enjoyed it as much as you did.

Oh by the way, the whole purpose I pranked you coming out of the pota potty was to mock you on here but the video must be too large and I cant upload it because @Casper sucks!

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I was actually a little surprised you enjoyed it as much as you did.

Oh by the way, the whole purpose I pranked you coming out of the pota potty was to mock you on here but the video must be too large and I cant upload it because @Casper sucks!

Posting video here is one of @Casper's more epic fails. Post it to you tube then link to it.

5 hours ago, what said:

The track won't hurt your bike any faster than the street unless you've neglected maintenance or have already-failing parts. Touring bikes have an embedded speed/wear reduction tool called limited lean angle anyway, which you fucks hit on the street every time I ride with you. 

Yea i know it wanst the track that did it  was just saying that I know who that guy is.

When i run out of lean angle I also run out of tire so it's a winwin..lol

• Beer 1

To do a track day, I was considering picking up an IXS leather suit on clearance at IP.  I have a one piece textile suit that is great for touring, but I don't trust it for a novice track day. This will be my first track day, and I am not sure if I will do any more in the future.   Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I crazy to use my Shoei Neotec helmet, or should I get a real full face helmet (not modular)?  Any suggestions/ insights are appreciated. 

Edited by Connie14

4 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

To do a track day, I was considering picking up an IXS leather suit on clearance at IP.  I have a one piece textile suit that is great for touring, but I don't trust it for a novice track day. This will be my first track day, and I am not sure if I will do any more in the future.   Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I crazy to use my Shoei Neotec helmet, or should I get a real full face helmet (not modular)?  Any suggestions/ insights are appreciated. 

You are fine, I think @Tonik used a Neotec? Correct me if I'm wrong.

What are the Rider and Gear Requirements?

• All riders must be at least 18 years of age.

• All riders must wear a damage-free full-face helmet with a properly fitted face shield. DOT certification is a minimum requirement; SNELL, ECE, or other enhanced certification is recommended. Modular (flip-up) helmets are permitted in NOVICE GROUP only.

• All riders must wear full-finger, full wrist coverage gauntlet style gloves.

• All riders must wear sturdy over the ankle boots. Riding boots are required for INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED GROUPS.

• All riders must wear one or two-piece suits with substantial reinforcement and padding in critical areas (knees, elbows, shoulders at a minimum.)

• INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED GROUP riders must wear one or two piece leather suits designed for motorcycle use. Two-piece leathers must provide at least 50% attachment between jacket and pants.

• NOVICE GROUP riders must wear one or two piece leather or ballistic suites. It is recommended that two-piece suits provide attachment between jacket and pants.

• INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED GROUP riders MUST wear a back protector designed for motorcycle competition in lieu of, or in addition to, the standard back padding in their suit.

Source: http://midohio.com/images/pdf/2017 Waiver Packet PTR2.pdf

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

Am I crazy to use my Shoei Neotec helmet, or should I get a real full face helmet (not modular)? 

They are allowed. I don't think it's crazy, you wear one every other time you ride. They are plenty safe.

Edit: But once out of Novice you have to go full face.

Edited by Tonik