TimTheAzn

Dates for 2018 OR Track Day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you?

• July 2nd
    • July 2nd

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

You don’t need in Novice. You’ll be fine in Intermediate 

I only rode there once and was not promoted. It started raining before they could follow us. Thanks for the vote of confidence though. 

Also watching weather.  I'll probably decide Sunday night or Monday morning.  Bike will be loaded and ready to go regardless.  But with what will you be pulling your bike up there with?  Your old Ford barely made it home last time?!

I asked Katie if I could borrow her new truck.  She's considering it.

20180629_182845.jpg

20180629_210357.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2018 at 5:41 PM, durk said:

I only rode there once and was not promoted. It started raining before they could follow us. Thanks for the vote of confidence though. 

You don’t really get promoted at PTR. You can ask for an evaluation but it’s not needed. You’ve done a day so you can sign up in I. From the ride you chased me on in SEO I can tell you’ll be fine in I. You’re wasting your time and money on another day in N

8 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

You don’t really get promoted at PTR. You can ask for an evaluation but it’s not needed. You’ve done a day so you can sign up in I. From the ride you chased me on in SEO I can tell you’ll be fine in I. You’re wasting your time and money on another day in N

Awesome thanks for the info. 

I hate to be that guy, anyone else watching the weather as closely as I am?  I'm still a little up in the air.  Probably decide late Sunday or early Monday.  Been to Mid Ohio twice this year and been rained on both days, it's looking decent now, but I don't want to make it 3 for 3.  On the plus side, my new (not totally beat to hell) leathers came in, so I will feel much better in the tech line now!  

23 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

At the earliest, if you're prepping for novice there.  If he gets there taped off and ready to go, no need to leave Coolville at 4 in the morning.  *Correction* Tech is officially open from 6:45-8.  I've been rolling in at 7 or 7:30, but there has been skechy weather both days this year, so maybe they let tech drag on longer because of that.  You going to be there ,Todd, and embarrass the supersports on your dirtbike?

Edited by jacobhawkins
google is good for looking up information

54 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I hate to be that guy, anyone else watching the weather as closely as I am?  I'm still a little up in the air.  Probably decide late Sunday or early Monday.  Been to Mid Ohio twice this year and been rained on both days, it's looking decent now, but I don't want to make it 3 for 3.  On the plus side, my new (not totally beat to hell) leathers came in, so I will feel much better in the tech line now!  

I’m not going to make it. I went last year on a questionable day and only got 1 session in after lunch. Not looking to repeat that. I’m going to shoot for next week possibly. 

6 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I'm locked in. Current forecast is pm showers. I'll risk it, worst case I'll set traction control to max and get @TimTheAzn 's moneys worth. 

No, if it rains you get off that track man. Please. And you know I never say please.

16 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

I’m not quite sure you understand, Mid O wet is like riding on ice. 

Thats not an exaggeration. 

My firs lap was during the morning dew at like 40 mph. I thought we all were going to die.

@CrazySkullCrusher These guys are correct. It is downright dangerous to run when there is any type of moisture. Don't worry about the money, you can redeem this at any Mid-Ohio day for the rest of the year.

I actually came here to gauge who is actually going to show up. With the weather as it stands at this time, if it weren't for this event, I would've already written tomorrow off.

With that said, I'm not too jazzed to sit in a garage and watch the rain when I could do that at home. I'm just as, if not more bummed about this; some of my family was going to come see me ride. 

So who is actually going to go, who is going to stay home? 

10 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I'm locked in. Current forecast is pm showers. I'll risk it, worst case I'll set traction control to max and get @TimTheAzn 's moneys worth. 

If you already signed up I will pay for your next day pick you up etc like planned. We want new to the track guys to have a good experience, and a wet mid ohio will take pretty much all the fun out of the day and probably end with a bike that isn't in the condition it was when it came out of the trailer. 

That said if its what you want to do do I will still swing by and take you no problem.  But we have lots of other days available that would hopefully turn out better for the weather.