Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day 2018

TimTheAzn

Dates for 2018 OR Track Day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you?

• July 2nd
    • July 2nd

The other thing to remember Sam is during the morning you are going to be on a pretty tight leash, you won't really be cranking it until the afternoon. If that's when it is going to rain you will be sad.

13 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Shit. Didn't know it was that bad wet. I already took 2 days off work to do this. Fucking weather. I'm curious about the gift cert refund too. No refunds for weather is a bullshit policy. 

It's a policy to ensure they still make their money even if weather doesn't dictate, but the track is dangerous when wet.  Weather looks to be good until after lunch, so if there is no reschedule available, I'll prolly go to get as many sessions as possible.  

Maybe I missed it, but what garage are you?

The no refund for weather is because they still pay full staff to be there. I don’t know of any track that refunds due to weather. That being said some tracks are rideable in the wet. Mid O is not one of them. I don’t care how good your traction control is, doing your first track day in the wet at mid o is a recipe for disaster. 

If this is your first day at Mid-O, just buy another 3 gift certs then you're considered a frequent rider and you can reschedule your day! On top of that, you then get to go to the free customer appreciation day in Oct. 

It's a win-win

• Like 1

Derek makes a good point, for a change.

Go on the morning, get in what you can IF there is no refund. BUT you have to swear on a stack of motocycle manuals that when it rains you pack and leave.

So I'd get maybe 3 or 4 sessions in? Seems better than just wasting the cert and the PTO I took. @Jester let's take a crack at it, at least get me out there and familiar with the track. I have the feeling I'll be doing more of these. Considering putting a hitch on my impreza and buying a cheap trailer so I can do a few a year. 

If they start at 9:20, you'd go out at 10:00, 10:40, and possibly again at 11:20. In the past they have pushed lunch back in order to squeeze in another round of sessions if rain was forecast after 12:00 too so yeah, between 3 and 4 sessions in by noon. 

Edited by what

Forecastadvisor gives Accuweather the best % of being correct. 

image.png.e760bf8e388fbbc4e7228b6bec0fee59.png

Accuweather shows 50% chance at noon and decreasing from there.  Should dry out quick if it's just a brief shower.

image.thumb.png.db24e08896909eeb22eaa49fa7db4c50.png

I'm still leaning on going, if only to shake out the new bike for the first time.  I don't foresee hitting it as hard anyway... well until the red mist comes, but you can't really forecast that. :)

13 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Accuweather is down to 50% at 1, it might not be too bad with a brief shower. That track is going to dry out quick unless it's a downpour.

I'm looking more at the precipitation down below. not looking great. 

weather.png

We have also decided not to risk it based on the current forecast. For the people that still decide to go, please feel free to use garage #10 in the middle section of garages. I rented that out and it will not be occupied by anyone.