Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day 2018

TimTheAzn

Dates for 2018 OR Track Day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you?

• July 2nd
    • July 2nd

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Thats all up to what you want to do. To get the full experience showing up the day before is probably the way to go.

You're the one with the bus. I'm hitting a 4th of july party that Saturday so will likely be majorly hungover Sunday. I may want the day to just rehydrate and recover so I'm fresh Monday morning but in the end it's your party. 

On 6/19/2018 at 5:27 PM, CrazySkullCrusher said:

You're the one with the bus. I'm hitting a 4th of july party that Saturday so will likely be majorly hungover Sunday. I may want the day to just rehydrate and recover so I'm fresh Monday morning but in the end it's your party. 

Beggars can't be choosers. :dunno::lol:

On 6/19/2018 at 5:27 PM, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I’m starting to think you don’t believe us on how busy the day will be and how wore out you will be. 

You goan learn. :lol:

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, F4iguy said:

Looks like I'm out.  My repair parts for my suit are coming from Italy.  Unless I get lucky, prolly won't have the suit back until mid-July.

What size are you? I don't remember what size my suit is (44/54?), but it's big on me at 5'11" and 170ish.  Still not super snug on me with a back/chest protector.

My suit is hanging in my basement, and you're local.   Just repair it if you crash it. 

I'll try to throw it in my car, in case you don't see this thread until during the workday on Friday.  I'll be back in Wickliffe on 7/7 for a birthday party to pick it up.

Edited by redkow97

On 6/19/2018 at 11:21 AM, redkow97 said:

Nonsense!

What is the gate fee these days?  I have the week off, and wouldn't mind getting the kids out of the house.  If I make it, i'll be pushing a stroller, and slathering sunscreen on myself and both daughters. 

Normally not a big deal. Every weekend for the last two years I have taken them to a race weekend. This is the first time they are visiting me in Ohio, so we are going to spend the time together. 

2 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

A meat smoker and a hangover. 

Mostly the hangover. You goan lose 20 pounds and vomit :lol:

Work on your reading comprehension or glance at a calendar.

Drunk Saturday ('Murica)

Hangover Sunday

Track day monday.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

21 hours ago, redkow97 said:

What size are you? I don't remember what size my suit is (44/54?), but it's big on me at 5'11" and 170ish.  Still not super snug on me with a back/chest protector.

My suit is hanging in my basement, and you're local.   Just repair it if you crash it. 

I'll try to throw it in my car, in case you don't see this thread until during the workday on Friday.  I'll be back in Wickliffe on 7/7 for a birthday party to pick it up.

I appreciate the thought.  I am really partial to my D Air suit as I like the air protection.  I was thinking of picking up a Hit Air vest for these type of situations, but I just wouldn't feel as comfortable riding without my suit.  Thank you again for your thoughtfulness.

FYI just got off the phone with Mid-Ohio. Since there is no twilight track day the sunday before, we cannot get into the paddock until Monday morning. They said we can camp outside the main gate sunday night. I just wanted to let everyone know in case that changes anyone's plans.

My shoulder x-ray and Dr. appt was canceled today. Scheduled for Friday afternoon now so i won't be able to register if i get the all clear. Hopefully there will be walk-up spots available.

his is all dependent on my shoulder finally being healed up. I did feel some slight ache in it about two weeks ago so i'm not getting my hopes up too high. 

35 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

My shoulder x-ray and Dr. appt was canceled today. Scheduled for Friday afternoon now so i won't be able to register if i get the all clear. Hopefully there will be walk-up spots available.

his is all dependent on my shoulder finally being healed up. I did feel some slight ache in it about two weeks ago so i'm not getting my hopes up too high. 

There better be walk up spots available. Or I won't be riding. LOL

I'm probably going to be signing up Thursday or Friday morning depending on weather. I usually walk on but it might be packed with people trying to get some race practice for VMD the following weekend... If anyone wants to split a garage let me know. 

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

FYI just got off the phone with Mid-Ohio. Since there is no twilight track day the sunday before, we cannot get into the paddock until Monday morning. They said we can camp outside the main gate sunday night. I just wanted to let everyone know in case that changes anyone's plans.

Good to know cuz I was planning on heading down Sunday night,guess not.