Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day 2018

TimTheAzn

Dates for 2018 OR Track Day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date is best for you?

• July 2nd
    • July 2nd

On 12/22/2017 at 6:39 PM, OSUYZFR1 said:

That would be awesome. The liter bikes have stymied a lot a good riders for a season though. 

I was faster on my 600 at Mid O than the 1000. Lost a lot of time trying to be smooth with the throttle on the 1000 that you just dont have to worry about on the 600 

2 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

I was faster on my 600 at Mid O than the 1000. Lost a lot of time trying to be smooth with the throttle on the 1000 that you just dont have to worry about on the 600 

I miss ham-fisting my daytona onto a straight. :(

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, jacobhawkins said:

I have family in Indy, would make for a good weekend.  Who runs the days there?

I know STT and Motoseries hosted trackdays there, but that's been a few years ago since I've been

This sounds great!  I'm determined to get back to MO this year.

Did my first track day on my 48th birthday 4 yrs ago - went by myself but met some good folks there, coaches were great.  I took my ol' Zed - most fun I've ever had on a street bike!

ps - I'm slow, and I know it.  30yrs of street riding doesn't = fast on the track!

MID OHIO TRACK DAY 2013 (2).jpg

2013 track day mid ohio (23).JPG

Edited by Rodehard
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Rodehard said:

Did my first track day on my 48th birthday 4 yrs ago - went by myself but met some good folks there, coaches were great.  I took my ol' Zed - most fun I've ever had on a street bike!

ps - I'm slow, and I know it.  30yrs of street riding doesn't = fast on the track!

Were you riding in the rain?  The track is a lot more fun dry.

@jacobhawkins  Yeah it rained lightly most of the morning - one of the morning sessions, it was only me and the coach on the track.  Some of the guys in my novice group had slicks, I can understand why they sat it out.  It dried out in the afternoon, then it was on!  Coach noted my front rotors were the right color.  Purple.  That old Kaw was heavy and fast:).

• Upvote 1

Poll is up (in more ways than one). ;)

Answers to FAQ's before they become FAQ's.

I didn't put any of the bullshit middle of the week days, well, because those days suck, who wants to go to work before AND after a track day?

No twilight's listed as they aren't full days and don't run Novice.

Had 6 choices last year so I put up 6 this year.

Left out the April and May dates because, well, that's early in the season and Mid-Ohio sucks when its cold, wet/raining anywhere in Ohio.

None of the dates coincide with the OR trip to the Gap, so you guys don't have an excuse not to come.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2018 at 10:35 PM, Rodehard said:

You are more of a man than I am. 

As soon as a rain drop lands within a half mile of that place im packing up and cracking open a beer. 

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2018 at 6:04 PM, MidgetTodd said:

Car clubs and sanctioned race groups pay way more than bikes and always fill up. I don't expect you'll see a PTR weekend day ever again 

Yeah, I was just hoping there was at least 1 weekend day this year where they didn't have any cars running and could accommodate.