we didn't take  but a few mm off the edge not like a lot of people tend to do and angle the whole damn pad... then I could absolutely see failing them from tech. Our Chamfering of the pad does not effect the performance of the rear brake at all.

EDIT: I realize in that picture it really seems that the pad is  shaved completely  at an angle, it is not

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

Is that just to make wheel changes quicker?  I've not seen that before, but I've also never looked for it...

15 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Is that just to make wheel changes quicker?  I've not seen that before, but I've also never looked for it...

yes Chris, chamfering the pads is 100% to make wheel changes faster having a captive rear caliper. plus the pads  makes rear wheel changes significantly faster.   basically it takes 3 things / safety wire to hold the  inner pad in place /  captive spacers to hold the  rear spacers in place so they don't pop out at the slightest bump /  chamfered pads to allow the rear rotor to  slide up easily so that a square surface doesn't snag on the square surface of the pads!

i'm certain everyone here has experienced the frustration of getting the rear rotor to line up straight and up into the pad/caliper recess.

Lets build some powa! What is done with the engine build is determined buy the rules your competing under, level of maintenance you want to perform and of corse your budget. From stock, superstock, supersport, superbike and beyond. Combustion engines are an air pump so their ability to breath is everything. Milling the gasket surface allows us to tune the combustion chamber size and compression ratio. CNC valve job gives us a clean and consistent radius for optimal air flow past the valve seats. CNC porting forms IN/EX ports for optimal flow that is 100% repeatable from head to head. The unsung hero of a good breathing engine is properly evenly set up valve clearances. 

20171118_221327.jpg

20171118_222026.jpg

20171118_223143.jpg

20171118_224014.jpg

20171118_224902.jpg

download-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one that gets a stiffy whenever this thread is updated?

• Beer 1

Not in the least @Tonik I do to as I type it out... it brings back my memories of the work as it is done .. mmm hmm

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Am I the only one that gets a stiffy whenever this thread is updated?

Nope. Pants get tighter and tighter every time. Can't wait to see this thing blow the doors off me on the 1k this year :lol:.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Nope. Pants get tighter and tighter every time. Can't wait to see this thing blow the doors off me on the 1k this year :lol:.

but my 08 already does that @TimTheAzn

:dunno:

Edited by TwiztedRabbit
  • Beer 2
  • Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By RidersDiscount
      WINTER SALE 2017
      Quantities, sizes, and colors are limited so don't wait long!

Suits, helmets, and combo packs!  Check them all out below and give MIKE a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 804 or send him a message to place an order! Is email more convenient? Feel free to write to us at FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM, and we'll get back to you right away![/SIZE]
      All pricing includes free shipping in the lower 48 states.  If you buy an RST suit and one of the Bell Race Star Carbon helmets below at the same time we will save you an additional $25!

2016 RST CPX-C Leather Suit -  MSRP $887.99 SALE $419
      Available in the following:
      Blue 40/50, 42/52, 44/54, 48/58
      Flo Red 44/54, 46/56, 50/60
      White 40/50, 42/52, 44/54, 46/56, 48/58 
      Flo Green (neon yellow)  40/50 , 42/52, 44/54, 46/56, 48/58, 50/60

Bell Race Star Carbon Helmet  -  MSRP $749.99 SALE $349 with FREE dark smoke shield!
      Triton Black/Silver

X-Small
      Small
      Medium
      Large
      X-Large

Bell Race Star Carbon Helmet   -  MSRP $749.99  SALE $349 with FREE dark smoke shield!
      Triton Blue/Yellow

X-Small
      Small
      Medium
      Large
      X-Large
      2X-Large

Bell Race Star Carbon Helmet   - MSRP $749.99  SALE $349 with FREE dark smoke shield!
      Triton Red

X-Small
      Small
      Medium
      Large
      X-Large
      2X-Large

Bell Race Star Carbon Helmet   - MSRP $749.99  SALE $349 with FREE dark smoke shield!
      Tracer Gloss White

X-Small
      Small
      Medium
      Large
      X-Large
      2X-Large

Bell Race Star Carbon Helmet   -  MSRP $749.99  SALE $349 with FREE dark smoke shield!
      RSD Chief

X-Small
      Small
      Medium
      Large
      X-Large

RST Mens Tractech Evo Race Leather Gloves  
      MSRP: $139.99  SALE: $75.00 LIMITED SIZES/COLORS LEFT
      Black
      Medium, large, XL and XXL
      Fluorescent Green (yellow)
      Small
      Red
      Medium, large, XL and XXL
      White
      Small, large, XL and XXL

• By RidersDiscount
      You read the title correct, we are selling the Bell Race Star helmets in select colors and graphics for just $339.00 shipped in the lower 48 states. This full carbon race helmet retails for $749.95 normally, a savings of $410! The Bell Race Star helmet is identical to Bell's top-of-the-line Pro Star helmet, with the only difference being shell construction. Made with 3K carbon fiber, the Race Star is a lightweight and durable helmet.
      Here are the options that you have to choose from as far as colors:
      Bell Race Star Triton Helmet
      Available in red, black/silver and blue/yellow (as pictured).
      Red

Black/Silver

Blue/Yellow

Bell Race Star Tracer -Gloss Finish

Bell Race Star RSD Chief

The Bell Race Star Helmet is Snell M2015, DOT, and ECE 22.05 approved.
      To take advantage of this special pricing give MIKE a call today at 866-931-6644 Ext 804. You can also send him a PM on this forum or if email is easier send to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we'll get back to you right away! We also have plenty of dark smoke shields for purchase as well!
    • By RidersDiscount
      If you're looking to upgrade your Yamaha YZF-R6V 2006-17's exhaust, look no further than the Yoshimura Alpha T Titanium Full System. The Alpha T utilizes a tapered conical sleeve that produces a higher "GP" tone than the Alpha.

This exhaust features Yoshimura's new Works Finish. Works Finish takes on a unique coloring after it goes through a heat cycle on the motorcycle. Some of the benefits of Works Finish include:

Contemporary satin/matte finish

Uniform heat coloration

Increased fatigue strength

Increased scratch and stain resistance

Compared to the stock exhaust, the Alpha T reduces the weight of your bike by over 13 pounds while increasing its performance.

Constructed from carbon fiber and titanium, the Alpha T is sure to enhance the look of your bike.
      MSRP $1,999.00

Note: this exhaust is designed and intended for closed course competition use only.
      Not yet listed on our website, you can order your Yoshimura Alpha T Full System for Yamaha YZF-R6V 2006-17 by calling MIKE at 866.931.6644 ext. 804.  Is email more convenient? Send us a private message through this forum or write to us at FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM, and we'll get back to you right away!
    • By TwiztedRabbit
      2008 Yamaha R6, bought brand new in late 08. Clean title in hand...
      $6,900
      Will update with miles. Roughly 9,000
      Goodies
      Supersport built motor by Indianapolis Ducati
      Bazzaz FI Unit with dual map switch, tuned to Sunoco 260gtx or U4.4
      Manual cam chain tensioner
      BMC filter
      Full titanium Akrapovic exhaust
      MotionPro rev2 throttle
      Ohlins 20mm fork piston kit
      New vesrah pads
      Galfer stainless lines