youngrider

How much should this cost me?

So I need to get the tube and rim strip replaced in the back wheel of my bike.

I've already purchased a new rim strip and a tube, as well as taken the wheel off of my bike.

How much should it cost for me to take it to a local shop and get these replaced for me? I simply don't have the time to try to do it myself.

Thanks!

Will take more time driving it somewhere and waiting then driving home than just doing it. It's super easy to change tubes. Like 15 minutes tops for first time. About 5 minutes every time after that

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, youngrider said:

I've already purchased a new rim strip and a tube, as well as taken the wheel off of my bike.

How much should it cost for me to take it to a local shop and get these replaced for me? I simply don't have the time to try to do it myself.

Thanks!

Just gonna hafta call and ask. Each shop  be different and some won't mess with it. 

The only tubed wheel i ever took in ( after i pitched the first) was a tube +$5. shocked.

On 11/26/2017 at 2:53 PM, youngrider said:

Thanks!

That Suzuki cruiser has tubed tires???  Hmmm.

Lots of cruisers have spokes and tubes. :dunno: 

I hate spokes, PITA to clean.

21 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Spoked wheels means tubed

Not mine!!!!

19 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Lots of cruisers have spokes and tubes. :dunno: 

Ancient technology.   I assumed they've moved into the 21st century by now...but it is a 09!

1 hour ago, Qman said:

Ancient technology.   I assumed they've moved into the 21st century by now...but it is a 09!

It is and they haven't. New bikes have tubes too.

27 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

It is and they haven't. New bikes have tubes too.

Yeah... shitty Japanese bikes have them. 

• Beer 1

this is all you need:

X001-Y001.jpg

i've never had three. buying a set of tire irons would be cheaper than paying somebody else to do it, and you have the irons afterwards.

forty minutes.

• Upvote 2

Might be 1 or 2 other things you need but they won't break the bank.  We've done these threads before a lot so I won't elaborate.

Does it have tire locks like dirt bikes and stuff it’s very easy to do if they don’t had a  kz900 That had them sucked balls to change tires

putting a tight tire on is easier if you use a rubber lubricant like P-80. it's super expensive but a little goes quite a ways. i use it on tires, seals, O-rings, and so on. goes away after it dries.

https://www.google.com/search?q=p-80+lubricant&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjH1fzz8f_XAhVP02MKHSBlBzwQ_AUICigB&biw=1143&bih=549&dpr=1.63#spd=2267592297128014198

S8Gl9O3l.png

^^^this is really cheap, for 200 ml. i got an $800 jug for 20 bucks on eBay once.