Back after a 1 year, 8 month hiatus.

Phreon

I won't bore you with details beyond saying a truckload of life got in the way. Both bikes needed considerable work and time was short.

I've got my little Vulcan 500 buttoned up and running like a Timex. Went on a motorcycle camping trip to Lake Vesuvius last month and the weather has been general crap every single day since I got back. But she's running again - I have to remind myself I have a perfectly running motorcycle out in the garage just waiting.  The Nighthawk gets torn down (AGAIN) this winter. 

Just thought I'd say hi. 

Doug

beginningRide.jpg

LakeVesuviusHike.jpg

1021170813a_HDR.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

I think is was Iron Ridge campground.  Primitive - no electricity, but there are paved roads with parking pads at each site.  There's running water available and (more or less) heated showers. Each site has a picnic bench and a really awesome, heavy cast iron fire ring set into the ground.

Nice hiking accessible from inside the campground.  Pretty good riding in the area and a small town with a supermarket not too far away if you happen to be in need of ice and *refreshing beverages* for some reason. Certainly not the kind of *refreshing beverages* park rangers frown upon, of course...

Edited by Phreon
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...