All inclusive beach vacations

Tpoppa

• 2 months later...

Just got home from 5 days of perfect weather in Riviera Maya.

Ocean Maya Royale is a fantastic resort.  We specifically chose this place because it's not huge.  You can walk anywhere in 2 or 3 minutes.  There's a swim up bar, 24 hour bar, tons of activities and live entertainment.  The restaurants are absolutely excellent, and without lines or reservations.

We're going back next February.  

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 2

On 2/14/2018 at 9:45 PM, Tpoppa said:

Just got home from 5 days of perfect weather in Riviera Maya.

Ocean Maya Royale is a fantastic resort.  We specifically chose this place because it's not huge.  You can walk anywhere in 2 or 3 minutes.  There's a swim up bar, 24 hour bar, tons of activities and live entertainment.  The restaurants are absolutely excellent, and without lines or reservations.

We're going back next February.  

Did you guys do anything off the resort? I'm staying on Cozumel April 13th-22nd but will be taking a couple of day trips over there to rent a car, check out the ruins at Tulum and Coba, and dive a couple of cenotes. There is so much stuff to do in the area it's hard to choose... 

4 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Did you guys do anything off the resort? I'm staying on Cozumel April 13th-22nd but will be taking a couple of day trips over there to rent a car, check out the ruins at Tulum and Coba, and dive a couple of cenotes. There is so much stuff to do in the area it's hard to choose... 

We went down there with zero plans and did whatever seemed fun at the moment.

Tulum is really cool.  We also did a half day catamaran/snorkeling/booze cruise that was awesome.  We saw a giant stingray.

Personally, I wouldn't rent a car.  If you are staying at a resort, you can book the outings when you get there, including transportation.  Plus you'll have a guide that knows the area and the sites.

There's a catamaran trip/snorkeling/booze cruise that departs from Cancun and goes around the isle of mujeres.  I'd recommend that.

20 hours ago, Limitedslip7 said:

If u get the rental car, take the perimeter road around Cozumel, and make sure to stop at Coconuts on the eastern shore.

• 2 weeks later...

so apparently we're about to book a trip to hotel marina el cid in cancun.  where are you guys booking your trips?  booking flights and hotel/resort separately?  apparently, we just missed some deal via costco and are now looking at bookit.com or whatever.

14 hours ago, jbot said:

so apparently we're about to book a trip to hotel marina el cid in cancun.  where are you guys booking your trips?  booking flights and hotel/resort separately?  apparently, we just missed some deal via costco and are now looking at bookit.com or whatever.

You know how many track days that is?

Haha money was never the main issue although I had a hard time justifying burning up a few hundred per weekend on tires when the college fund wasn't fully funded to where it needed to be.  I'm close now, though. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, jbot said:

Haha money was never the main issue although I had a hard time justifying burning up a few hundred per weekend on tires when the college fund wasn't fully funded to where it needed to be.  I'm close now, though. 

We'll see you soon then. :cool:

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2018 at 7:01 PM, Qman said:

If u get the rental car, take the perimeter road around Cozumel, and make sure to stop at Coconuts on the eastern shore.

Just got back from Cozumel last week, it was awesome and one of my favorite vacations for sure. Coconuts was definitely worth the stop! Some interesting content in those notebooks... 

If you're a diver, this place is a must. Epic reef diving on Cozumel and the cenotes (el pit!!) on the mainland are well worth a day trip. 

Edited by Limitedslip7

15 hours ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Just got back from Cozumel last week, it was awesome and one of my favorite vacations for sure. Coconuts was definitely worth the stop! Some interesting content in those notebooks... 

If you're a diver, this place is a must. Epic reef diving on Cozumel and the cenotes (el pit!!) on the mainland are well worth a day trip. 

Yep..we love Cozmel.  Where did you stay?  

I'm too much of a pussy to dive.!  Dammit.

I tried scuba in a swimming pool just to try it out and I couldn't get comfortable. I'm sure part had to do with the shitty equipment we were using. But i couldn't get over the fact you couldn't just stand up for air if something happened. 

• Haha 1

The waves and current was so strong when I went snorkeling in Riviera Maya that I really didn't enjoy it.  I felt like I was swimming for my life instead of enjoying the scenery.

A huge stingray (about 5 feet across) was close enough that I could touch it...very cool, but I was trying not to drown.

Next time I'll snorkel in a nice calm cenote.

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

It's going to be a long winter.

We just booked a trip to Mexico in Feb to escape for a bit.

We are going right before Christmas!   ¡No Motocicletas para una semana!

19 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

It's going to be a long winter.

We just booked a trip to Mexico in Feb to escape for a bit.

15 minutes ago, Qman said:

We are going right before Christmas!   ¡No Motocicletas para una semana!

We have a Cruise just before Christmas and one in April booked. Looking to do something the end on January too because my wife will be off a couple weeks while they install a new Mammo machine at her work. 

We looked at Jamaica and Cost Rica and few others, but the flights from Cleveland are terrible.  They have long layovers and the most of the return flights wouldn't get us home until well after midnight.   I don't like to waste my vacations days in airports. 

The direct flights to Cancun (staying in Riviera Maya) are quick and easy.  We are staying at a RIU Palace.

4 minutes ago, Qman said:

We are going to Cozumel, flying directly in.  The flight connections suck, but flying into that airport is so much better than cancun.

Never been to Cozumel, but there's a ferry from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel that costs $10.  We are planning to do that.

6 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Never been to Cozumel, but there's a ferry from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel that costs $10.  We are planning to do that.

Well then do yourself a favor and rent a car/jeep (or even scooters if you're brave) and circle the perimeter of the island.  That's really kewl.  There's a beach/park/lighthouse at the southern tip to check out, ( for a few $ entry).  Then make sure you stop at the Coconuts bar/restaurant on the far side.  A few good snorkeling spots too on the western side ...see El Cielo.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well me and the Mrs. made up our minds and actually decided to knock a bucket list item off. We booked a 2 week cruise to Hawaii out of San Diego in January. That is on top of our Caribbean cruise in December and trip to Florida for Thanksgiving. That might get us through the winter months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

We usually book in Nov, but don't travel until Feb.  It's something to look forward to all winter.  That swim up bar is calling my name 🥃

file_4559579585642906329620x310.jpg

Is that a "Now" property?  We could have got you membership pricing!