Question of the day

Hoblick

Interested to hear everyone's opinions on this subject.

if you had... let's say $25k to spend on a bike, new or used.  Would you opt for a higher end European/Japanese/Harley  or buy something more moderately priced and make it to "fit you"

all 25k goes to the bike, no saving for other sensible things.

31 minutes ago, Danimal said:

WTF you gonna do with this machine?

Whatever the purpose you buy it for.  

The only reason i ask the question is because when you get in to the upper teens and lower 20k you get a bike fitted with premium parts, or already fitted with things you might buy such as additional luggage, navigation, heated grips, better wheels, etc.  

Edited by Hoblick

10 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I would buy a new FJR, ES.

Ditto

Plus some new riding gear, dash shelf, gps, fuse block, powerlet outlets, canyon cages, front foot pegs, hand guards, custom seat, Givi top box...and I'd still have money left. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

Ditto

Plus some new riding gear, dash shelf, gps, fuse block, powerlet outlets, canyon cages, front foot pegs, hand guards, custom seat, Givi top box...and I'd still have money left. 

And throw in travel expenses for several trips. :lol:

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Only one bike? Probably a bike like @Tonik's and spend the rest of the loot on fuel and hotels. I'd keep the Ducati for going fast, but a cozy cruiser is on my radar. 

If a couple of things line up, it might be for sale in the spring.

• Like 1

$25K is a lot of money for a toy. If somebody forced me to spend that much of my hard earned cash on a bike  I'd definitely customize a bit. Probably $20k on the bike & 5k on functional customization. I've been agonizing all over the map on the "my next bike" decision.  My current bike was bought new, on the cheap, is pretty much bone stock.  Not the best but keeps up with traffic.