2018 Goldwing

max power

Actually cheaper than the anticipated release price. It really peaks my interest as a replacement to the C14 in maybe 4 or 5 years. It's a lot of bike for the money vs the alt in the same class. You have to remember the C14 and FJR brand new have been in the $16k-$18k for years already. Many BMW's have been in the $20k's and those potato bikes pushing over $30k so I thought the price (while still a premium) was pretty decent.

Edited by 2talltim

1 minute ago, max power said:

Cool. Buy one now and I'll give you 2500 for it in eight years.

Be 4 to 5 years out and I take over someone else's depreciation. You know I don't buy new bubby and you know my cheap ass won't pay their asking price. :lol: 

2 hours ago, max power said:

If you paid $27,000 for a motorcycle I'd have to consider that your touched in the head.

Then 80% of HD and Indian riders on the road are touched(fucked) in the head. Wait a min. we already knew that.....Carry on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

What led them to that conclusion - anything specific? I'm curious to know, it seems to have gotten good reviews overall.

Keep in mind as you read this that I went way out of my way to do the demo ride, because on paper I was in love with this bike and was totally going to buy one. It is a steaming pile of poo.

It was low 90's when I road it and it burnt my leg. Not hot, it burnt it. My leg hurt from the heat for an hour after I rode it. And I am used to that, Kawi is not exactly awesome when it comes to heat control.

RPM range is WAY too small. If you jump on it at a light you have to shift once in the intersection, and then once again as you clear the intersection. If you don't it hits the rev limiter at 4200. I was bouncing off it the entire ride.  As you ride it and speed goes up and down you have to shift, and shift and shift and shift and shift and shift and shift. Jesus it sucked.

Windshield is bullshit. All the way up, or all the way down. Retards.

It sounds like a Harley. Not loud, but they are certainly going for that rumble annoying exhaust. And yes, it pops like a Mofo on decel. Retards.

For me, it did not look as awesome in person as it did in the pics. It looked kind of crappy if you ask me but that is personal choice.

Ride comfort and ergonomics were excellent. It fit me perfectly and road like a dream. Controls and electronics and farkles were awesome. Passenger comfort was also outstanding.

Every test rider I talked to hated it, both in the group before me and in my group. They had like four in each group.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tonik said:

Oh, and for what it costs I can buy the new Gold Wing. Which is exactly what I expect I will be doing.

In all seriousness, the wife and I may be doing the same next year. We've talked about buying a used one but I really like the changes on the newest model (maybe not carplay so much).

3 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

In all seriousness, the wife and I may be doing the same next year. We've talked about buying a used one but I really like the changes on the newest model (maybe not carplay so much).

After the venture test ride I test road the old Wing. I would not buy the older version. It just wasn't awesome enough.

Edited by Tonik

My current future plans as it stands right now is get my Z900 in the next 3 years. Then once the Connie is getting to the point of needing replaced (maybe 4 or 5 years) get something like this new Wing to replace it and have a bike me and the Mrs. can take trips on together and still have the Z for local and throw it in the truck type trips. She will still have her bike too but she digging the riding with me now too that we are both smaller people.

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

:nono: When you get the Z900 and I get a FZ10, were gonna have to do a touring trip on them just to show the people who refuse to tour on their non-touring bike. :lol:

I'd do 2 or 3 day trips on it just for shits and giggles.

• Upvote 1

I like the looks of it. One of my best friends dad has a wing and loves it, this was his words when I asked him what he thought of the 2018 version:

"I was in love at first, not totally sure now.  They definitely got the message that they needed to upgrade the old Wing, which they did.  Is it too much too quick?  Time will tell."

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

:nono: When you get the Z900 and I get a FZ10, were gonna have to do a touring trip on them just to show the people who refuse to tour on their non-touring bike. :lol:

:dunno:

Those sound like touring type bikes to me 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, RidersDiscount said:

I like the looks of it. One of my best friends dad has a wing and loves it, this was his words when I asked him what he thought of the 2018 version:

"I was in love at first, not totally sure now.  They definitely got the message that they needed to upgrade the old Wing, which they did.  Is it too much too quick?  Time will tell."

"too much too quick?" That sounds like Harley talk. 

However it does appear to be alot of trying to match the K1600s

1 hour ago, RidersDiscount said:

Old people don't like change.

• Beer 1