Sleeving 07 CBR1000RR

Renthalkx

Hi! It's been awhile since I last posted about my bike, but the motor is completely torn down and I have some bad news, unfortunately. One of the cylinder walls is scored ? I was looking at getting them nikasil'd, but it's just too pricey for me to justify at the moment (close to $1,000!). So I was thinking why not get custom sleeves made? Problem is apparently nobody has done this, at least from my research on the net. I don't even know if there's enough material to bore out for a sleeve and still have a supportive structure. If I'm doing this I'm gonna bore it out I'm thinking +1mm anyways so that's even less material to work with. Does anybody have any experience with something like this?

4 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Just do a maintenance bore and new rings. Why over think it

I would have to get it replated then though. I'm trying to avoid the expensive nikasil process. Unless you're saying to just hone it to try to take out some of the scoring. Honda used alusil on the 07 1000RRs, and, from what I've read, they don't respond to honing very well and you end up just completely taking off the coating.