new fangled speeding ticket?

hiro

My son recently got a speeding ticket. It was printed out, but it doesn't show the fine amount or the vehicle code that he violated. Is that typical or is something missing? (It would be nice if that invalidated the ticket!) He was 21 over in a 65 zone.

The ticket did list the vehicle code violation, but not the fine. I was told to have him show up on the court date and talk to the prosecutor's people about eligibility for the Diversion Program. Court date is Halloween day, so nice clothes will be the costume.

Edited by hiro

On 10/20/2017 at 8:31 AM, snot said:

The program is 2 hours and anywhere from 150-280.... Every county price is different. He can do it before the date too. But that means he enters a guilty plea, just won't get points....I've done this too.

What it sounds like to me is court cost, roughly $25 fee for online program, and maybe some other fee(s). I did read that on Marysville you still have to pay the fine and that you can sign up in advance. He wasn't caught in Marysville though.

This is from the prosecutor's officer: "Completion of the Program results in a dismissal of his charges. If he ends up completing the Program, he will not have to enter any plea with the judge."

• Upvote 2

state troopers up in my area (lake county) are now printing out tickets.  i found out the fun expensive way.  mandatory court appearance, woooooooooooooooooohooooooo

Edited by jbot

1 hour ago, jbot said:

state troopers up in my area (lake county) are now printing out tickets.  i found out the fun expensive way.  mandatory court appearance, woooooooooooooooooohooooooo

Wow, what was the charge? Disqualified from the Diversion Program!

81 in a 60 a couple weeks ago (in my car on the way home from work, lol).  My 1st ticket in 4 years. "I don't know why I decided to speed ocifer.  I haven't sped in 4 years & the 1st time you're right there, serving & protecting. By the grace of the good Lord you pulled me over before I could hurt myself or others."   I guess he didn't take me as sincere so I paid the random tax. 

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

It appears your sensitivity to my words makes you...what do the folks say now... a snowflake.

You're Yellow snow.

(Ok, now you can report me for racism :D)

I like that this conversation is slowly but inexorably heading to lemon partying 

• Beer 1