Some self info from a newbie rider

rizalamrirosli

Hi guys, I'm a new rider from Malaysia studying in Columbus. I just got myself a 2014 BMW HP4 Competition, my all time dream bike! I'm bringing my bike back to Malaysia when I'm done with my studies so I can go back and ride at the famous Sepang Circuit on open trackdays. Feel free to come along and ride at one of the best tracks in the world! I know the riding season is ending but it's never too late to wish everyone HAPPY RIDING! 

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2656.PNG

Edited by rizalamrirosli

You said you want to ride Sepang, are you from KL?  I've only been to the airport in KL, but have been to Penang/Kulim several times.  I like your country but I've never seen a bike like yours there!  Be careful with that thing.

5 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Welcome,  pick up some Mid-Ohio gift certificates for 25% off on black Friday/cyber Monday.  Great track close by.  One of the regulars there brings his HP4 all the time.

Is it 650ib? I bought this bike from his friend and it's been in some of his youtube videos. I saw a few vids of the mid ohio track but it looks kinda scary with the road patches. I hope i'll grow some balls to ride there soon ?

8 hours ago, Helmutt said:

Beauty of a bike - would LOVE to ride Sepang.   Congrats, and post vids of the Malaysian trackday!

Thank you sir! The track is immaculate! But there was an issue during the recent formula 1 race where a car went over a loose drain cover and it did a huge damage on the car. It kinda gave a bad name for the track though. I saved a video of the Malaysian trackday on facebook but i don't know how to post it here.

9 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

You said you want to ride Sepang, are you from KL?  I've only been to the airport in KL, but have been to Penang/Kulim several times.  I like your country but I've never seen a bike like yours there!  Be careful with that thing.

Yes sir i'm from KL! Good to know that you've been to my beautiful yet humble country! There are only 2 known HP4s in Malaysia so i'm hoping to be the 3rd once i bring it back. Yea i want to ride this beast in sepang on slick mode, i rode on a ducati 848 evo there a few times and I almost wrecked it so i haven't been there ever since. Insurance don't cover trackdays in malaysia so that's scary as hell.

10 hours ago, rizalamrirosli said:

Is it 650ib? I bought this bike from his friend and it's been in some of his youtube videos. I saw a few vids of the mid ohio track but it looks kinda scary with the road patches. I hope i'll grow some balls to ride there soon ?

Not Ib I'm thinking of. Patching has grip, plus, it's not really in much of the race line.  Come out and run a couple novice days and the coaches will show you where you need to be.

17 hours ago, rizalamrirosli said:

Yes sir i'm from KL! Good to know that you've been to my beautiful yet humble country! There are only 2 known HP4s in Malaysia so i'm hoping to be the 3rd once i bring it back.

What will taxes at license fees be for that in Malaysia?  I don't think I saw anything bigger than 650cc while I was there! 

On 10/19/2017 at 4:24 PM, rizalamrirosli said:

You buy it from Bob?

• 2 weeks later...