Joint surviorship deed - need info

snot

My Step-mom passed away Sunday. She had been sick off and on for a few years. My father and her have a survivorship deed, how does he Get the house transferred to just his name? He didn't get much for insurance and what he did get the burial and hospital will take most of it. So, he is trying to save as much as he can. 

Any and all help would be appreciated.

@redkow97 no sure if you can help, but you are the only lawyer I know of on here.

Not at all my area of practice, but my recollection is that the primary purpose of such a document is explicitly to facilitate the scenario you're hoping to accomplish. 

County recorder's office should get him squared away.  You may want to make phone calls before sending him all over the place though.  Some counties don't have all their offices in one building. 

and sorry for your loss, btw.  Even if you and your step-mom weren't super close, that sucks for your dad.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, I will keep you all posted on what I find out. 

They were married 30 years and just had their anniversary. She also road motorcycles as a kid and had one until she got sick. Her and my dad road all over the US on his goldwing.

He is having a rough time and I am trying to make it a little easier for him.