Crossbow Repair Recommendations?

just_some_dude

I have an older Barnett RC300 Crossbow that needs some TLC. It was recently restrung, but the two screws that hold the rail on are missing or broken off from last season. Also, the trigger somehow lost the rod that keeps it in place.

I was thinking of repairing it myself, but I would have to drill out one of the screws in the rail and find screws that would fit without interfering with the bolt. I don't have a drill press, so I'd have to buy one. Didn't know if there was a easy place just to have them repair it rather fast...

Any recommendations?

Wasn't really looking to get another Crossbow just yet.

Called Fisherman's Warehouse yesterday and they seemed promising. They were acting as though it would be an easy fix and told me to come in. I show up today and the dude was like "I can't fix that, go talk to a gunsmith". Didn't make a lot of sense, so don't know if I talked to a different person on the phone. It is such a simple fix I don't know why they are having such an issue with it. The only thing stopping me from fixing it is my lack of having a drill press.

Stopped by Vance Outdoors and they were no help as well. Maybe I'm crazy, but this can't be that hard to repair.