Silly riding.

Qman

26 minutes ago, Qman said:

If I get busted for speeding for just 10 over the limit because they increased surveillance due to your triple-the-speed-limit, that's not being a hypocrite.  Thats just gonna piss me off.!

It DOES make you a hypocrite. Speeding is against the law. If you're breaking the exact same law yourself, you're being a hypocrite for bitching about others breaking the law...

Edited by magley64
Typo

23 minutes ago, magley64 said:

It DOES make you a hypocrite. Speeding is against the law. If you're breaking the exact same law yourself, you're being a hypocrite for bitching about others breaking the law...

OK, so virtually every person who has ever operated a motor vehicle is now a hypocrite.  :violin:

9 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I guess that depends if there is a picnic lunch happening in a corner that one of us happens to blow at 70mph. 

Or if someone is doing 150 when they rear end someone on the BRP.

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I guess that depends if there is a picnic lunch happening in a corner that one of us happens to blow at 70mph. 

This is how I make my choices. Not a perfect system but it works IMO. I try to avoid excessive speeding around small towns and houses. Mainly because there's kids outside playing and secondly, nothing pisses people off more than being dangerous around their children, which makes them more likely to complain to the police.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Qman said:

For example, many European countries require you to start on a very small cc bike and graduate up to bigger bikes over time......quite a long time.  Again, less freedom. You can find many other examples throughout the world of different bike restrictions. 

Honestly I'm all for adopting this graduated licensing system here in the states, and more intensive driver's education for anyone wanting to drive a car as well. It would improve everybody's lives out on the road significantly. Driver re-certification after 65 or 70, every 2 years would be a big step in the right direction too. 

2 minutes ago, what said:

Honestly I'm all for adopting this graduated licensing system here in the states, and more intensive driver's education for anyone wanting to drive a car as well. It would improve everybody's lives out on the road significantly. Driver re-certification after 65 or 70, every 2 years would be a big step in the right direction too. 

I agree except with an age limit on re-certification. It should be applied to everyone, every five years or so.

Better to do what they were doing at midnight rather than any other time of day - not that I'm saying it's right or wrong, but at least there's less traffic on the road.

And millennials are the worst... this is why I don't go to cars & coffee, it has nothing to do with sleeping in at all... damn kids & their obsession with fine German automobiles... 

So reading through this thread, I must be the most hated MOFO on this site.

1)  I'm a millennial

2)  I rip 100+ down the highway at times

3)  I go bonkers in the twisties on SEO

4)  I double yellow pass

5)  I post my ride routes online for police

6)  I do the occasional wheelie

7)  I'm a motovlogger ( @Casper )

8)  I've taken my DSLR and drone to cars and coffee for them instagram posts

9)  I've been to the drag strip where I like to go fast straight

10)  I've also been to the road track where I go decently fast in corners.

Either way, I'm just like fuck you all because when I ride, I ride to do whatever makes me happy at that moment.  If I'm feeling frisky, I get frisky.  I don't worry about what others think of me (see myself holding a dildo in my avatar), regardless of how pissy they get when I go around them. 

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DerekClouser said:

1)  I'm a millennial

4)  I double yellow pass

Either way, I'm just like fuck you all because when I ride, I ride to do whatever makes me happy at that moment.  If I'm feeling frisky, I get frisky.  I don't worry about what others think of me (see myself holding a dildo in my avatar), regardless of how pissy they get when I go around them. 

There are a lot of reasons I hate you, but none of those are on the list.

6 hours ago, Qman said:

Cops are too lazy to do this sort of thing.  Unless the event is huge and widely known, it aint happenin.    They just know the best places to hide to entrap motorists for revenue generation.

just making sure :D

6 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Better to do what they were doing at midnight rather than any other time of day

...when visibility is best, deer are sleeping, and drunk drivers are few.:drink:

2 hours ago, Qman said:

...when visibility is best, deer are sleeping, and drunk drivers are few.:drink:

Not quite sure what you're saying here.. are you afraid for the safety of the deer, the crazy fast motorcycle riders or the drunk drivers?

9 hours ago, magley64 said:

Not quite sure what you're saying here.. are you afraid for the safety of the deer, the crazy fast motorcycle riders or the drunk drivers?

Yes, you are  "forever the contrarian"!

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

1)  I'm a millennial

4)  I double yellow pass

You forgot # 11 about now being a track day snob! 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Naw. He just throws oil everywhere at the track and screws everyone else's session 

Needed to get that K&N Sponsorship and I only know of one way to make that happen! Representing them the best way I know how  :lol: