Silly riding.

Qman

Just drove thru Akron on I77 S, about midnight.  Got passed by a group of about a dozen "crotch rockets". They were all doing 100+. One of the trailing riders must have been hitting 130mph+!   A minute later a OSHP cruiser came flying by at about 100, no flashers.  Not sure whatever became of it... never saw them again.  This is the kind of shit that gives sportbikes a bad name.   Just stupid.  Yeah, we all speed past the posted limits, but......

Edited by Qman
  • Upvote 1

Yep. Went out for a cruise today in the 66. Event organizer kept saying go slow this is just a cruise. What soes

the first group of Vw fag bois do? Burnouts.... then group I was with made a wrong turn and prick in front of me goes tearing down a stone covered road at 50 mph. Needless to

say I turned off very quickly and went home. 

3 hours ago, magley64 said:

Yeah.. I guess you do cause people speeding in cars isn't endangering your freedom to drive... It's it?

Yes, they are.  People's actions that others find threatening and dangerous are often cause for new or more punitive legislation.  More laws=less freedom.   And no better place to showcase your brash and selfish behaviour than a busy 6 lane interstate.  

• Like 1

Short of new legislation, bigger fines, etc., repeated actions will be met with increased surveillance.  And the next unsuspecting fool to get busted may be one of us.   

The other question is Why?  Anyone with a sportbike can pull the trigger and hit 130 on a straight freeway.    Take that bike to a twisty road and enjoy some corners.  More fun to go faster in the turns than in straight sections.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Qman said:

Take that bike to a twisty road and enjoy some corners.  More fun to go faster in the turns than in straight sections.  

Wait, are you making rules and taking away our freedom?

• Beer 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Qman said:

The other question is Why?  Anyone with a sportbike can pull the trigger and hit 130 on a straight freeway.    Take that bike to a twisty road and enjoy some corners.  More fun to go faster in the turns than in straight sections.  

More fun for YOU... Maybe the Pinnacle of exhilaration for me is tripling the speed limit on a multilane slab... You don't know.

And if they do increase patrols and you get busted for speeding in that same stretch, you're just being a hypocrite.

8 hours ago, Qman said:

Short of new legislation, bigger fines, etc., repeated actions will be met with increased surveillance.  And the next unsuspecting fool to get busted may be one of us.   

Q I understand your frustration here, but my first thought is whatever floats their boat so be it. If it brings more attention to 77 surveillance and similar slabs that's okay with me. Hopefully the law will focus in on the slab and leave the twisty state routes alone so I can continue to enjoy the corners you speak of. When I'm on the slab I typically don't break the 10 over mark so not much concern for me being that unsuspecting fool. 

Secondly I'm sure there are plenty out there that think what I/we do in SEO is bonkers, so I try not to judge others actions much. 

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Yep. Went out for a cruise today in the 66. Event organizer kept saying go slow this is just a cruise. What soes

the first group of Vw fag bois do? Burnouts.... then group I was with made a wrong turn and prick in front of me goes tearing down a stone covered road at 50 mph. Needless to

say I turned off very quickly and went home. 

What event?

Just now, Bad324 said:

What event?

Any event organized now a days. Hell, even the cars and coffee meets at 8 am when you would THINK the millennials would be sleeping. Nope they are out in force with their vapes and DSLR's taking photos so they can become a famous Instagram photographer.

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Any event organized now a days. Hell, even the cars and coffee meets at 8 am when you would THINK the millennials would be sleeping. Nope they are out in force with their vapes and DSLR's taking photos so they can become a famous Instagram photographer.

I feel less bad about not having the time to make any this year. Although most of the events I had my eye on I don't think that scene would show up to

9 minutes ago, durk said:

Q I understand your frustration here, but my first thought is whatever floats their boat so be it. If it brings more attention to 77 surveillance and similar slabs that's okay with me. Hopefully the law will focus in on the slab and leave the twisty state routes alone so I can continue to enjoy the corners you speak of. When I'm on the slab I typically don't break the 10 over mark so not much concern for me being that unsuspecting fool. 

Secondly I'm sure there are plenty out there that think what I/we do in SEO is bonkers, so I try not to judge others actions much. 

The laws could move from traffic to bike-specific restrictions, as in many other countries.  For example, many European countries require you to start on a very small cc bike and graduate up to bigger bikes over time......quite a long time.  Again, less freedom. You can find many other examples throughout the world of different bike restrictions. 

Many communities/organizations here in the US do not allow any motorcycles due to noise...how do you suppose those policies got started????  So now I cannot take my quiet BMW into these places.  Another Lost freedom. 

The second point is a matter of exposure/risk.  In SEO you have the luxury of little traffic, few LEOs, and not a lot of $$$ to do anything about your law-breaking.  On the interstate, you have just the opposite.

1 hour ago, magley64 said:

And if they do increase patrols and you get busted for speeding in that same stretch, you're just being a hypocrite.

If I get busted for speeding for just 10 over the limit because they increased surveillance due to your triple-the-speed-limit, that's not being a hypocrite.  Thats just gonna piss me off.!

4 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Q - honest question: Are you the type that thinks posting a route of a ride on a public forum invites all the lurking cops to sit and wait to nail every rider to collect $?

Cops are too lazy to do this sort of thing.  Unless the event is huge and widely known, it aint happenin.    They just know the best places to hide to entrap motorists for revenue generation.

• Upvote 1

Most of us have partaked "Silly Riding" in some sort. Idiots are gonna be idiots,and the best prevention IMO is to be welcoming and not alienating to inexperienced riders. You see a new rider, help them out and try to steer them towards safe riding techniques. Squids are inevitable though. I just avoid their top locations, highway/city/parks. Theres plenty of motorcycle practices I don't agree with but that's the rider's choice. Some choose to not wear a helmet and speed excess of 100mph, others choose to pass on double yellow. It's not a perfect system, but you gotta work with what you got.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Has ruined pretty much every car event I've gone to in the last 3 years. Hell, I could even remove the VW part from this statement. Fucking millennials. 

Most of us 'millennials' hate those assholes just as much. They really need to break us up into smaller subsets. I really hate being identified with that group. 

I use to be in the car scene as well but most of our events were canceled due to Honda's revving and burnouts or trucks rolling coal. I gave up about 4 years ago. 

The only car meets that seem to be safe is classic car cruises. Until i get my next house with a bigger garage so i can get my camaro here, i'm out of the scene.