Considering Android

ScubaCinci

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Order a Spigen Slim Armor. I've had one on my LG G2, Note5, and now my S8+

Are you using a screen protector on yours? If not, any issues with scratches? I haven't used one on my iPhones for years and nary a scratch. I've read a number of stories that the S8+ screen scratches fairly easily? That said, I've heard that about iPhones too. I had the chick at Verizon put a Zagg one on but it sucks ass. It gets smeary in no time. I might just go naked on the front like I have with the iPhones...I'm generally very gentle on my devices (unlike Timmy). My iP7+ still looks like brand new.

Just now, ScubaCinci said:

Are you using a screen protector on yours? If not, any issues with scratches? I haven't used one on my iPhones for years and nary a scratch. I've read a number of stories that the S8+ screen scratches fairly easily? That said, I've heard that about iPhones too. I had the chick at Verizon put a Zagg one on but it sucks ass. It gets smeary in no time. I might just go naked on the front like I have with the iPhones...I'm generally very gentle on my devices (unlike Timmy). My iP7+ still looks like brand new.

I do not run a screen protector. The screen looks as good as it did from day 1. I am pretty good with my phone (knock on wood). My coworker had his S7 Edge bust a screen, and I can say its not cheap. $250 going through Samsung. The Spigen case has a raised lip so you can place the phone face down and the screen won't touch. I've always had good luck with Spigen, so I keep buying their cases.

+1 on Spigen. I have had them on my last two phones and they are great. I've dropped them a few times and no problems at all. 

I use tempered glass screen protectors with no issues with smudging. My wife dropped her phone and cracked the glass protector but the phone screen is fine. Not sure if the glass protector prevented a screen break or not but i like to think it did just to justify the cost. 

2 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

+1 on Spigen. I have had them on my last two phones and they are great. I've dropped them a few times and no problems at all. 

I use tempered glass screen protectors with no issues with smudging. My wife dropped her phone and cracked the glass protector but the phone screen is fine. Not sure if the glass protector prevented a screen break or not but i like to think it did just to justify the cost. 

I'll have to look at the glass ones, not sure if they make them for the curved screen. I bet they cost a mint

I don't like thick cases as a rule, I generally go minimized to avoid scratches. Knock on wood, I haven't dropped my phone in years. I've had it slide off my lap onto the carpet a few times but never on hard surface or from a significant height.

On 10/26/2017 at 8:04 AM, 2talltim said:

Droid X? You realize that phone is like 9 years old right? Of course it's going to be a brick. I have 4 nd 5 year old phones that seem like bricks but are actually in perfect working condtion. Be like trying to run windows 98 with todays new software.  

Absolutely. IF I recover it, it's just an ebook reader now or something. Way overdue for a new one. Meanwhile, one of my tablets makes sparky noises and won't turn on. Read that the battery connector rots away. Will open later, new ones are cheap enough. Already ordered from Amazon.

Contacted Sygic - can't xfer my purchases from one platform to another which is a big pile of suck since I've spent $50+ (I paid for three upgrades so likely more than that). :mad:

Seems like I get a LOT more notifications from apps on Android. You can fine tune them a bit better on iOS...though I read somewhere that on Oreo, notifications get an overhaul.

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

Seems like I get a LOT more notifications from apps on Android. You can fine tune them a bit better on iOS...though I read somewhere that on Oreo, notifications get an overhaul.

Each app will let you turn them off for that app, but yes Android apps do pop them a lot. You will learn quickly how to turn them off. 8 is nice, you can long press any notification and block it that way too.