Considering Android

ScubaCinci

OK, so noob question for a techie guy because I've never dealt much with SIM cards...

I know both 7+ and S8+ use a nano-SIM, so that's all good.

Assuming I shut off iMessage & Facetime prior to the fact (from what I read, a critical step in the migration), can I just pop the iPhone SIM card into the S8+ and have the S8+ ready to go with my former iPhone phone #? (I realize I'll still have to migrate photos, contacts, etc.)

Then can I just go to Verizon, add a line, get a new SIM card and put in the iPhone and it's all good with a new #?

13 hours ago, ReconRat said:

Slow? lol, I bricked mine. DroidX. Trying to flash it. Looking at Pixel 2 as a replacement. Dunno yet.

Droid X? You realize that phone is like 9 years old right? Of course it's going to be a brick. I have 4 nd 5 year old phones that seem like bricks but are actually in perfect working condtion. Be like trying to run windows 98 with todays new software.  

39 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Droid X? You realize that phone is like 9 years old right? Of course it's going to be a brick. I have 4 nd 5 year old phones that seem like bricks but are actually in perfect working condtion. Be like trying to run windows 98 with todays new software.  

'Bricked' refers to the process of modifying the software on your phone and breaking it badly. Essentially rendering it as useful as a brick.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

'Bricked' refers to the process of modifying the software on your phone and breaking it badly. Essentially rendering it as useful as a brick.

I use that term for any phone that is rendered useless anymore regardless of reason.

Edited by 2talltim