Saturday 10/14 ride. Solid ride, in case it’s the last this year

Blitz

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Hey Brian, you joining this ride or what?

No, I am to late to the dance.:cry: I made plans to ride over to southern Indiana for a two day Adventure Ride. Leaving Friday, return Sunday. My VS is now set up for Off Road-ish play for the rest of the year. My friend has a KTM 1290 Super Adventure and is a great rider, We will be roosting up the back roads and acting foolish. You all have fun and speed safe.

Edited by B-Mac

34 minutes ago, what said:

Hey, they CBR has no rider assist nonsense. It's man-mode. 

Haha. Those 6.5 whp XRs are pure man mode.  No brakes and a shit suspension.  Full out for all 10 laps and you better not get beat by your friends.  Man up!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

It's all about maintaining that corner speed!  No cheating here with a 200hp traction and wheelie control having beast.

Easy Anton Mang, I had a RD350LC in Germany but remember the group will pull 3-5 lengths(est) on a 15sec straightaway. Heavy D will be overtaxing the Tires/Suspension and will be parking it in the corners. There is a manual trick used to drop fast passing riders on the outside going into the corner by politely tapping on the their hand grip that can be useful.:dunno: In any case he will have fun and I won't be.:(  I can only dream on being young again.  Tell him to  "Twist of the Wrist" his fork eating hand behind his back at the dinner table and he will have increased his lap time in a very short period.:lol:

Good luck Tracksters!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, what said:

Yeah, looking for one already set up for OMRL/pavement but willing to look at dirt setup if the price is low enough that I don't go over my budget buying the street conversion parts. 

Ah, XR100. I'm thinking about selling my 250 for a 400

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, Blitz said:

Hey guys,

Planning a ride for Saturday 10/14. Weather looks to be almost perfect: 80 and partly cloudy. With it being late in the season, I’m planning to really get a good ride in....in case it’s the last. Hopefully the warmth holds out for another month...but it may not.

Route will be flexible. But I’m hoping to get to the roads up and down the river near Marietta. As we figure out who’s coming along, I’ll make a meet time and place. But I’m thinking we’ll meet as a group around 10-10:30.

Anyway....post up and let’s get one last good one in. 

Your rides don't go well when I attend so I'm out. Ride safe.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jschaf said:

Oh that's not true Jim. We've had 2 recently that didn't go well, but many that did. And when I say "didn't go well" it's not like someone went down.

Would be great to see you. I foresee this being one of the better rides this season.

Edited by Blitz
  • Upvote 1

Bringing dear old dad along.  Don't know how long he'll ride, he might bail when I have to head back.  He's a decent rider, certainly medium/medium fast.  Is ATGATT and won't get sucked in to riding past his limit.  He broke his wrist earlier so I know he's itching to get in a decent ride before the end of the season.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, jschaf said:

I Road the new ktm 1090 and it's bad ass dirt o.....re.!.....!nt.......ed, shit I can't backspace. Ride one asap:banana:

• Upvote 1

Made it home safely by 4 as promised to my wife. Sorry I couldn't hang out to meet up with everybody nor ride with anyone.  It was great to chat with all of you that I was able to talk to. Brandon it was really cool to see you again definitely a small world. Hopefully sometime we will get to ride together.  Maybe we can make it work out so that I will also finally get to ride with Pauly. Hope you guys had as much fun as I did. Put down 490 miles in about 8.5 hours.

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, B-Mac said:

I Road the new ktm 1090 and it's bad ass dirt o.....re.!.....!nt.......ed, shit I can't backspace. Ride one asap:banana:

Sounds like fun.  I went down to Mansfield to look at a ktm 690 enduro today but unfortunately I didn't get to see one because someone didn't update a website. I think ktm discontinued this model so I may be looking at Husky 701s. Sorry for the off topic.  Hope you guys had a "no cops no drops" day.

2 hours ago, jschaf said:

Sounds like fun.  I went down to Mansfield to look at a ktm 690 enduro today but unfortunately I didn't get to see one because someone didn't update a website. I think ktm discontinued this model so I may be looking at Husky 701s. Sorry for the off topic.  Hope you guys had a "no cops no drops" day.

1090 is the shit. It is so refined. It feels like 300 lb. Bike. They have them in Wauseon, ohio at championship power sports. They have huskys too. Good luck. No cops today, i was not leading and the ktm 1090 Guy just picked the bike up thursday so he was getting use to it.

Edited by B-Mac

Great ride yesterday guys. It was exactly as I had hoped. Wish I could have ridden 536 though. We were so close.

It was good seeing all of you. Hopefully we get one more before the snow flies!

• Upvote 1