Saturday 10/14 ride. Solid ride, in case it’s the last this year

Blitz

Hey guys,

Planning a ride for Saturday 10/14. Weather looks to be almost perfect: 80 and partly cloudy. With it being late in the season, I’m planning to really get a good ride in....in case it’s the last. Hopefully the warmth holds out for another month...but it may not.

Route will be flexible. But I’m hoping to get to the roads up and down the river near Marietta. As we figure out who’s coming along, I’ll make a meet time and place. But I’m thinking we’ll meet as a group around 10-10:30.

Anyway....post up and let’s get one last good one in. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

If the title to my bike ever shows up I might join you. :wtf:

Well damn...  it should’ve been there by now. The tags are good for 45 days though. Everyone calls them 30 day tags, but they extended their validity....   for what it’s worth.

Alright guys, I'll start nailing down some plans. I'll keep them tentative on participants, but at least we have a starting point to discuss.

Let's meet at the gas station in New Concord at 10:15. Kickstands at 10:30. Looks to be unseasonably warm (63) for mid-October, so the morning ride shouldn't be miserable.

Fuel Mart

201 W Main St, New Concord, OH 43762

The ride pace will be brisk, though not stupid. Participants should have some backroad twistys experience. As always, we will wait for stragglers at all route changing intersections. Please be ATGATT. Route to be determined, but challenging.

5 hours ago, Blitz said:

Alright guys, I'll start nailing down some plans. I'll keep them tentative on participants, but at least we have a starting point to discuss.

Let's meet at the gas station in New Concord at 10:15. Kickstands at 10:30. Looks to be unseasonably warm (63) for mid-October, so the morning ride shouldn't be miserable.

Fuel Mart

201 W Main St, New Concord, OH 43762

The ride pace will be brisk, though not stupid. Participants should have some backroad twistys experience. As always, we will wait for stragglers at all route changing intersections. Please be ATGATT. Route to be determined, but challenging.

All that looks good to me.  I'll be there,  don't know how long I can be out, but it'll be a great ride.  I'll try to get the Triumph back to street legality for this, otherwise I'll happily sweep with Izzy.  Hope to meet some of you newer guys.

Really wanted to attend but I'm programming a prison right now and the guy who was supposed to commission and checkout decided his wife wanted to have a baby this morning which leaves me scrambling to finish it up this weekend so unfortunately I am out.   

First weekend working in a long time so I really can't complain too much, I've been lucky. 

52 minutes ago, max power said:

I'm a possibility and if so will happily ride sweep if Jacob will promise to come chase me down when I miss the turns.   lol

@what you're looking for an XR?

Yeah, looking for one already set up for OMRL/pavement but willing to look at dirt setup if the price is low enough that I don't go over my budget buying the street conversion parts. 

On 10/10/2017 at 10:20 AM, what said:

I'm heading down to Hamilton to see a man about a 100cc horse. 

From one large man to another, I am really looking forward to seeing you on a xr100 in full lizard suit on the track. Can you say "Backmarker" :lol:

image.png.c3f3ea73466d8f86eba0bbc157f41ae8.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

From one large man to another, I am really looking forward to seeing you on a xr100 in full lizard suit on the track. Can you say "Backmarker" :lol:

image.png.c3f3ea73466d8f86eba0bbc157f41ae8.png

It's all about maintaining that corner speed!  No cheating here with a 200hp traction and wheelie control having beast.

I plan to be in New Concord to meet up with you guys. I'm not sure how much of the route I'll be able to run with you guys. I'm going to be cutting it close on time. I need to be back in Jefferson by 4. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

It's all about maintaining that corner speed!  No cheating here with a 200hp traction and wheelie control having beast.

Hey, they CBR has no rider assist nonsense. It's man-mode.