Adventure Ride Oct. 14-15 Indiana

B-Mac

Adventure Bike Road trip!  I am heading over with another rider on Big Bikes to Columbus, IN.  On Friday to ride the Buffaloe 500 ADV Ride 10/14-15 Indiana.

Weather looks great and the route looks big bike friendly with 90/10 tires.

Staying at in Sleep Inn&Suits Columbus, IN. They have 5 rooms left.

Club House is 9min away. Ride Saturday Route  and return home on Sunday. Leaving Friday 1300 Lancaster, Oh.  Route 22.

Anyone is welcome to join in. Should be a Buffalo Wild Wings Friday night tossing back a few.

Linky: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/ama-buffaloe-500-adv-and-dual-sport-rides-10-14-15-indiana.1244652/

Edited by B-Mac

Trip Completed, No issues, It was OK, 750miles total. Adv Route was a soft country ride in Indiana, nothing like what we have here in Ohio so I won't be going back.

Only one short muddy section into the woods and back out. the rest was mostly asphalt.:(

Before/After Photos with some mixed in.

ADV, IN. 1.JPG

ADV, IN. 2.JPG

100_0813.JPG

100_0814.JPG

100_0815.JPG

ADV, Indiana-00-05-37-883.jpg

ADV, Indiana-00-00-23-578.jpg

ADV, Indiana-00-02-23-895.jpg

ADV, Indiana-00-00-09-923.jpg

Edited by B-Mac

They can be a Hoot, We had a great 4 man group all with a warp sense of humor. so it makes it fun no attitudes( even with a BMW GS Rider) :Dand a willingness to help out if needed.

The route that was laid out was the only disappointment. But it was in Indiana. I have found that (My Opinion)  The Dual Sport Club's, "Made up of Woods Riders" that think that Big Adventure Bikes have no place other that a occasional graded gravel road. They do want the $$$$$$ from a growing segment of the motorcycle world that ride the big expensive ADV bikes. They are now including a Adventure route with there weekend dual sports events. Some events have challenge section for advance riders but some just have some gravel and mostly country asphalt. It's really hit and miss. Southern Ohio has great Adventure stuff for everyone. March Moto Madness in Tellico Plains, TN. is the Benchmark event on this side of the USA.

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 1