Bt-023 tires. Who's had them

Killer_kaw

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Cheap, decent handling, kinda like a less impressive T30. Mileage ain't that great. When on rebate though, they can be had for really cheap. (Like right now, $70 off a set)

Might be the ticket then. Just looking for something to get thru fall and early spring. Then slap some nice rubber on before gap trip. 

My last set were the 023s. Got great mileage out of the rear, more than the PR4, but there was more slab than I had on the PR4. The front developed a head shake at higher speeds, I think it was due to the thread design and how I run. It got worse the longer I ran them. I got 4500 out of the rear and took the front off even though it had lots of tread left due to the shake. I can't say I hated the rear but didn't have the confidence in it that I had in other tires. But that probably more to do with it being a 190-50 and not the 190-55 I've gotten used to running. In the future I'd run a rear again if the price was right but not sure I'd try another front. Your results may vary, your more than welcome to try this front I still have maybe it wouldnt shake for you, i kept it around as a back up tire if i would ever need it, probably 70 tread left on it.

Here's what they look like after 4500 miles. Probably still good for another four or five hundred I might throw them back on someday just to burn them off. For the $160 I paid for the set I was not dissatisfied with them. 

20171008_204804.thumb.jpg.22e9a2f6eb9ffdae3c2e2cd8272e6dff.jpg

I've run 2 sets of the 023 and 1 set of the T30EVOGT. I like them for the price, but I somehow manage to destroy them in around 3500 - 4000 miles. I'm also pushing a 700+ pound bike with my 300# ass on it. I'm not an aggressive rider by any sense of the words. For the price, I'd say go for it. I'm looking to go with the RoadSmart 3 next season or possibly the Avon Storm 3DXM

This is what came on my bike and I'm on my second rear... Decent tire for the price, I don' feel super confident with them though due to having some traction issues... I get good mileage from them which is the only reason I bought a second rear... 10k miles original front and I'm on the second rear... Probably due to be replaced soon and I'll go with something else... But for short term, go for it if the price is right 

I've had 3 sets of BT-023s. My personal experience is that they grip well until they don't. For durability/ performance/ value.....Pirelli Angel GTs last longer, stick better, though cost more. 

I've had some bad experiences on BT-023s.

I've had great success with BT023's. Ive ran 3 sets on my (non-GT version of course) on my lil Ninja 650R. 14-16k miles out of the fronts, 10-11k out of the rears! and back in the day HALF of my 10-16k miles a year I used to ride, were in fact 2UP with my GF on back + cargo. (during trips to northern michigan). Also did 1-2 track days per/season on top of that and never had bad terms of grip. Of course I was in Novice, but running in the higher Novice groups #1-3 speeds. Never had weird tire wear with shaking going on. Guess I was lucky?

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja