Gggggrrrreeeeaaaattttt........another Harley..........

modular

Just got done reinstalling the wheels with the Q3+'s on them, EBC pads, the fork legs after having Ohlins cartridges put in them and added Purple Ice to the cooling system. 'Bout the only I want to do now, besides riding the wheel off this thing, is a full exhaust system if any of the mainstream manufacturers buck up and offer one I like. For now, the S&S Grand National slip on sounds just fine.

Edited by modular
  • Like 1

@modular your bike is definitely one of the, if not THE, best looking HD's I've ever seen.  No shit - whoever HD had do the industrial design on that bike needs to do more work for them.  The colors and textures alone are as good as any other design firm I've looked at.  The HD badging is tasteful and understated.  Well done.

If your into design at all, check out https://www.kiska.com/

These guys do the design and branding for KTM, as well as other customers.  Eye candy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, the old hips just couldn't take the rider triangle of the Street Rod. My dealer offered to give me what I paid for the bike as trade value. Been reading very good things about the Fat Bob 114 and they had a Industrial Gray Denim (same color as the Street Rod) on the floor. Snatched it up and rode it home Friday. Put 130 miles on it today. When I got home I didn't even feel like I had been riding. Zero discomfort. The 114 motor......mmmmmmm. Torque for days. Pulls like a freight train and handles well. The new Softail frame and suspension are years better than the Dyna I have. The M8 114?? I'm at a loss for words it's that nice of a lump.

IMG_0753_zpscyr3ydbt.jpg

IMG_0759_zpsipcjk4to.jpg

IMG_0757_zps98of8olb.jpg

IMG_0756_zpsfbjezrss.jpg

Edited by modular

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mike884 said:

i don't understand the peg placement on some of their bikes. If you are going to go for mid controls, just stick them where they should be... not this 3/4 somewhat in front of you so no one over 5'5" can fit on it. 

I dont understand why anyone would want anything approaching forward controls.  Its not comfortable, its not safe, it doesn't allow you to stand up (see previous 2), it doesnt allow you to weight a peg for cornering, it doesnt allow you to easily move your foot  out of the way for cornering (heel hits first).  It doesnt allow you to easily slide off the seat for corners.  The only reason I can think of to have forward controls is so that your seat can be low.  Not a great reason.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:10 PM, modular said:

Well, the old hips just couldn't take the rider triangle of the Street Rod.

On 10/12/2017 at 5:15 PM, Tpoppa said:

Personally, I like the look of it, but couldn't live with foot peg position or the stock bars. 

That new Street Rod could have been a home run for HD.  It wasn't.  The riding position makes zero sense for a naked bike with pretty limited sporting capabilities. 

It was clearly a product of "design by committee" by people with few (if any) miles on sporty motorcycles.  They still need another model to attract younger buyers to help lift sagging sales. 

Congrats on the Fat Bob, that looks to be the most interesting of HD's new models.