modular

Gggggrrrreeeeaaaattttt........another Harley..........

modular    955

.........polluting the waters. 

giphy_zpsx1idalhu.gif

IMG_0470_zpsakoahwrl.jpg

IMG_0477_zps1vg3xkxj.jpg

Edited by modular
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

serpentracer    2,176

wonder how many salesman will tell the new owner "now don't you use those front brakes,  that's why the rear has a 15" disk"

nice bike...I guess lol.   I actually like the rims. 

Edited by serpentracer

modular    955

The brakes work :). The bike as a whole was a complete surprise when I test rode it. Slip on, air filter kit with modded air box cover and a FP3 with 3 tanks of auto tune and it runs out well. They even went with proper 17" wheels to open up a very good selection in tires when the time comes. 

Tpoppa    11,019
39 minutes ago, modular said:

The brakes work :). The bike as a whole was a complete surprise when I test rode it. Slip on, air filter kit with modded air box cover and a FP3 with 3 tanks of auto tune and it runs out well. They even went with proper 17" wheels to open up a very good selection in tires when the time comes. 

How do you like the riding position?  Reviews were pretty critical of the footpeg placement.

modular    955

Only taller riders seem to feel cramped up. I am 5'7" and it suits me just fine even with my stiff hips. This is a bike for shorter folks.

• Beer 1

Tonik    10,977

I loved mine. Rode the hell out of it.

Qman    261

Hope it has more power than the last XR...what a sloth.  Also, imagine one of those plug wires getting a crack in the insulation!!!  OUCH!

modular    955

Since I have a '10 XR1200 in the garage I can tell you this bike is better in every way. Even the selling price was cheaper. :D This bike has nothing in common with the Sportsters.

Edited by modular

Tpoppa    11,019
40 minutes ago, modular said:

Since I have a '10 XR1200 in the garage I can tell you this bike is better in every way. Even the selling price was cheaper. :D This bike has nothing in common with the Sportsters.

Like you, I have a VRSCR.  The new street rod looks sporty by HD standards, but a little less so than competitors like the FZ07 or the Triumph Street Twin.

Personally, I like the look of it, but couldn't live with foot peg position or the stock bars. 

modular    955

I guess since I am 5'7" this bike fits me just fine. Despite my crappy hips I don't cramp up at all on long rides even with the drag bar and oddly placed pegs. What can I say. I like H-D's. The models I have just seem to be the bastard children of the brand. I like not crossing paths with another that I happen to be riding. 

Tpoppa    11,019
42 minutes ago, modular said:

I guess since I am 5'7" this bike fits me just fine. Despite my crappy hips I don't cramp up at all on long rides even with the drag bar and oddly placed pegs. What can I say. I like H-D's. The models I have just seem to be the bastard children of the brand. I like not crossing paths with another that I happen to be riding. 

I'm not really into hds even though I have one.  The ones you have are actually the ones I find most interesting due to being one the sporty end of the hd range.

modular    955

My FXDL is the one bike with the most cruiser DNA in it. One thing they all have in common.....dual front disk brakes.

IMG_0412_zpseqluy0vp.jpg

P3192656_zps36067022.jpg

P5282754_zps12449959.jpg

Edited by modular

Qman    261

I was in the local BMW dealer a couple months ago, there was an older guy checking out the bikes.  He was actually turned away by dual disks!  ...."You know these bikes have too much power when they have 2 front brakes!"

• Haha 1